Wiki Posts
Search

Need a little help booking flights Asia-UK

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by giblet
Thanks! Do you have any experience with Virgin Trains? Am trying to figure out if it's worth trying to beg to change my non-refundable ticket to an earlier train (same price) or whether it's impossible.
I try to avoid taking the trains in this country as much as possible. I haven't been on a Virgin Train for probably ten years so I can't really say. Depending on how ballsy you are, there are two choices if you want to take an earlier train. Take it and plead 'foreigner-ignorance' in case there is a ticket inspection (a 70% likelihood, and a subsequent 50%/50% getting a minor verbal rebuke), or seeing if there is a change fee for your existing ticket.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
No replies on this one, so maybe the European Rail Travel Forum might be more responsive.

Safe travels!
As it turns out, the universe has just delivered flights that do not require this tight connection, as I will now be leaving London the day after my train trip from Glasgow. :-: THANK YOU!
Old May 14, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: Marriott Member
a trip to London from Tel Aviv

I am looking for a trip to London anytime when it is the cheapest to fly. Now in May 2015, I only see rates of $500 - 600 round trip. This is way to high.

I am looking to pay $350 or less round trip. I know that the websites I am searching are trying their best with the best rates, but I guess May is not a cheap time to fly to London UK.

What suggestions do you have?

Rivkah
Old May 14, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by giblet
I'm looking for flights from REP/BKK/PNH (preference in that order) to anywhere in the UK (presumably London, but open to other cities) on June 21/22/23 return July 16/17/18. My goal is to find decent flights for $1000 if from REP or $850 if from BKK.
BKK-DXB-LON RT QF $855 http://tinyurl.com/kfljeky

Originally Posted by Rrivkah18
I am looking for a trip to London anytime when it is the cheapest to fly. Now in May 2015, I only see rates of $500 - 600 round trip. This is way to high.

I am looking to pay $350 or less round trip. I know that the websites I am searching are trying their best with the best rates, but I guess May is not a cheap time to fly to London UK.

Rivkah
It is already May. You have waited too long to get a good fair.

Easyjet, Germanywings and other LCCs would be a good place for you to look.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Rivkah
From where?

If you are in the US, $500 is a fantastic fare and I would book it straight away before it becomes more expensive.
Old May 15, 2015, 2:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Indelaware
BKK-DXB-LON RT QF $855 http://tinyurl.com/kfljeky

It is already May. You have waited too long to get a good fair.

Easyjet, Germanywings and other LCCs would be a good place for you to look.
giblet has found alternative flights at lower cost; thanks.
Old May 15, 2015, 2:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

Rivkah
You might have found lower fares if you had begun looking in February or March. You're being presented with fare buckets left after the cheaper ones have been taken up, and the airlines often offer their lower fares with longer advance purchase times.

Take a look via Google Flights, and don't be surprised to find high rates the closer you are to your proposed day of travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.