Wiki Posts
Search

Departure and return dates change - total cost

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Departure and return dates change - total cost

Hi

I'm flying from WAW to EWR by British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. I'd like to change both of my dates: departure and return. I checked my fare conditions and the cost of modyfing the reservation is 150 EUR + additional fees if the reservation class of another date's flight is higher. However, I bought these tickets via a pretty bad agent and he couldn't tell me whether this cost (150EUR) for modyfing reservation would be applied to both of the dates change, or only one? For example, if I changed both dates, would I be charged only one reservation change fee (150EUR + class differences), or with two (300EUR+)?
Old May 7, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
If its on the same ticket its usually the change fee x1 if you make both changes at the same time. Maybe the airline it was ticketed through can tell you what the fare rules were even though the agent has to make the actual changes
Old May 7, 2015, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Yepp, it's on the same ticket and I'll change the dates at the same time.
I don't think so about the airline change - I entered my reservation number at both British Airways and Virgin Atlantic websites and when I'm trying to change the dates, they display an error message saying that I need to contact the agent. Well, I'll contact them again.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Do not try to do this online., Even if you get caught with a call center fee, a ticket across two carriers is asking for trouble if not handled properly.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Got it. There isn't any call center fee, however I'm from Poland and my English is not-so-perfect and the person working at my agent's call-centre has got an Indian accent. Let's just say that Polish and Indian accents aren't a great mix and we had a big problem understanding each other .
Old May 7, 2015, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Hi

One more thing. Is it possible to change the dates with another agent, or only the one who issued my ticket? Or maybe BA or VA could change them? I'm having really big difficulties with my current agent, worst customer service ever...
Old May 7, 2015, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If your travel agent cannot answer very basic questions (such as whether changing dates on outbound and return means one or two change fees) about plane tickets, you should use a different travel agent next time.

ADDED: Normally you must work with the same travel agent, especially for changes before departure. Your travel agent's policy might be to impose a fee for such changes (or technically for reissuing the ticket, which is essentially the same thing in this case).
Old May 8, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Is there anyone you know whose spoken English is better than yours that can contact the agent for you?
Old May 8, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

It's not really the case now. They've got an extremely lame reservation change system. I've got to send them my request with the requested dates that I'd like to change my reservation to and they'll send me the total estimated cost in 48 hours. I already sent one request and I've got a reply that it'd cost me more than $3000 to change it (because there are only business class seats available on the dates I selected) - there isn't even an option to check +/-3 days dates... It'll take forever to find dates in the same class if I can only check one date every 48hrs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.