Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Time at Newark Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Post Connection Time at Newark Airport

Hi,

I will be arriving in Newark on Jet Airways flights at 12.30pm at Terminal B from Brussels. I will be flying Business Class.

I am not an American passport holder and will have to complete all formalities at Newark itself including immigration and customs.
I have 2 bags with me. 1 will be given to a friend who will be waiting in the arrivals and the 2nd bag I will have to check-in at United for my connecting flight to Chicago Ohare from Terminal C.

Can you please let me know if there will be a United Check-in counter at Arrivals in Terminal B or will I have to carry my baggage to Terminal C and check in there?

What is the minimum connecting time I should keep for my flight to Chicago on United assuming I will have to change terminals from B to C.

Thanks for your help
Old May 5, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Connection Time at Newark Airport

Are you booking this all on one ticket?
Old May 5, 2015, 4:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What is the time of your next flight. It sounds to me like you'll have to exit the terminal anyway, but whether you can immediately re-check your other bag after picking it up (and thereby going to C terminal without any bags) will depend on how this is booked.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:04 pm

9W has an interline baggage agreement with UA. When you check your bag at origin, you should have it tagged to show your final destination - viz. ORD.

You will have to pick up your bag and clear customs with it, then just drop it on the connecting bag belt. No need to interact with a UA person.

9W may be able to issue your connecting boarding pass as well. If not, you can get it at UA's counter at BRU or online. Then just proceed to the gate. Again, no need to see a UA person until you actually board the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.