Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From Emirates addict to something else

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 7:28 am
Original Poster

From Emirates addict to something else

<Sorry for the spam. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had the same problem before. I couldn't find the right thread. If it exists, I'll be deeply appreciated if you can send me the link!!>

Hi, for the past 3 years, I've been flying a lot with Emirates, I was based in Singapore. I got spoiled with a lot of upgrades and other perks.

I'm now moving to Copenhagen, and my "frequent flyer" personality is having identity problems.

My expectation is:
- 1/2 flights per month within Europe (possibly multi-hop)
- 1 flight every 3 months outside of Europe (America or Asia, mostly)
- Happy to have a miles credit card
- Usually flying in Economy

My main goals are lounge access and upgrades.

I'm now Gold status in Emirates and will fly Boston->Singapore soon (and Boston->Copenhagen too soon, probably Lufthansa). I could take Emirates again or choose Star Alliance and start right away with a Singapore Airlines flight.

Any strong opinions? Anyone with similar dilemma?

Thanks and sorry again if this is yet another email in a bazillion of such requests.

Francisco
Old May 6, 2015, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A very belated welcome to FT, camara.

In your two years of lurking, have you seen this thread? It's probably the best place to start.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

My own input is that, ex-CPH, Star Alliance is likely the better programme. Emirates would not make much sense unless you plan to transit through DXB regularly, and certainly not for US flights. There is not much OneWorld choice unless you plan to transit through LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.