FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Where to find information about... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1671782-where-find-information-about.html)

allset2travel Sep 29, 2022 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 34633308)
This question actually belongs in the Technical Support and Feedback forum.

To answer your question, go to MyFlyerTalk and on the left side scroll down to Edit Signature under the Settings & Options heading.

Thank you, very helpful!

glwest22 Oct 11, 2022 1:21 pm

im new to forums, so be gentle

how can i find united airlines award seats on the air canada web site?
Im trying to use amex points combined with united miles

Adam1222 Oct 11, 2022 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by glwest22 (Post 34672760)

Welcome to Flyertalk. It appears you have posted the same question twice.
If you are looking to use United miles, you need to look on the United website, not the Air Canada Aeroplan website.
Unfortunately, you cannot combine Amex Points and United Miles. You can transfer Amex points to Air Canada, but those points cannot be combined with United miles.
Any Unted seats that are available using Air Canada Aeroplan points will show when you search for an award ticket on the Aeroplan website.

guv1976 Oct 11, 2022 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by glwest22 (Post 34672760)

The only UA award flights that you can book with Air Canada miles are those that UA is offering to its partners for redemption. You will have a much wider choice of UA award flights redeeming UA MileagePlus miles at united.com.

Note that both Air Canada miles and MileagePlus miles can be redeemed for one-way awards, so you might find it useful -- or necessary -- to redeem Air Canada miles in one direction, and MileagePlus miles in the other.

Suiken01 Nov 10, 2022 6:54 pm

Hi got a general question, I haven't traveled in a long time. Where can I find info about this: Will be taking a international flight out of Las Vegas (Korean Air) How many hours before my flight should I get to the airport? It will be next Wed and LAS shouldn't be that busy right? thanks

ey25238 Dec 15, 2022 4:41 pm

Trip Advice

Hi all,

Which forum would I post a question about travel routes to? For example, I am looking to travel to TPE, AKL, and SIN, from JFK (or any NYC area airports and returning to any NYC area airports), in no particular order, I am looking for advice on which airlines to look for J availability without the need for (m)any layover stops. Have points stashed away at various airlines so am just looking for the most straight forward way to plan this.

Thanks in advance!

Adam1222 Dec 15, 2022 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by ey25238 (Post 34837792)
Hi all,

Which forum would I post a question about travel routes to? For example, I am looking to travel to TPE, AKL, and SIN, from JFK (or any NYC area airports and returning to any NYC area airports), in no particular order, I am looking for advice on which airlines to look for J availability without the need for (m)any layover stops. Have points stashed away at various airlines so am just looking for the most straight forward way to plan this.

Thanks in advance!

For a situation like that, I would suggest retaining a booking service. Alternatively, the forums for airlines that you have points in may be useful. But there are thousands of possible routes and combinations, and the best routes will be tied to availability on specific dates you want to travel and the specific points you have.

ey25238 Dec 16, 2022 6:30 am

Thank you! I wasn't sure if there was a forum that specialized in travel requests like the one I described, but it appears that it's more complicated than I realized.

TWA884 Dec 16, 2022 9:35 am

Originally Posted by ey25238 (Post 34838912)
Thank you! I wasn't sure if there was a forum that specialized in travel requests like the one I described, but it appears that it's more complicated than I realized.

Take a look at this thread in the Travel Tools forum:

ey25238 Dec 16, 2022 9:42 am

Thank you for the link! Will read through the thread.

sabbasolo Jan 5, 2023 11:10 pm

What is the best place to post a query about interpretation of fare rules and routing rules?

Adam1222 Jan 6, 2023 7:52 am

Originally Posted by sabbasolo (Post 34897637)
What is the best place to post a query about interpretation of fare rules and routing rules?

The best place would likely be the forum for the particular airline.

Redpartyhat Jan 11, 2023 11:57 am

Where can I find the best tools to find SQ availability? I want to use cowtool but they are currently not accepting registrations and have no idea what other tools are available for SQ or Aeroplan specifically

TWA884 Jan 11, 2023 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Redpartyhat (Post 34915070)
Where can I find the best tools to find SQ availability? I want to use cowtool but they are currently not accepting registrations and have no idea what other tools are available for SQ or Aeroplan specifically

Did you check the Travel Tools forum?

Redpartyhat Jan 11, 2023 12:18 pm

Yea but not sure which is best for SQ that's also available