FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Where to find information about... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1671782-where-find-information-about.html)

aBroadAbroad Apr 13, 15 12:34 pm

Where to find information about...
 
We get it. FlyerTalk is big. It's really big. And finding your way around this site is not always intuitive. So we've begun compiling a topic index to help you figure out where to get the info you need, and where to post your questions if you don't actually find what you're seeking.

If you don't see your topic on the list, please let us know!

Thanks!

The Information Desk Moderation Team

aBroadAbroad Apr 24, 15 12:11 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk rodg89, and please excuse this very delayed reply! For help finding the answers to these types of questions, take a look at the wiki posts in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...faqs-more.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...-wikipost.html threads.

hopingtofly May 1, 15 11:21 am

What about travel insurance? Where would be the best place to ask about that?

Thanks!

rodg89 May 10, 15 11:00 am

Very helpful index, I've used it often. May I suggest adding Cash Advance? I have bounced around trying to remember which cards get coded as cash advance when buying GCs at various places. Thank you.

aBroadAbroad May 23, 15 8:35 pm


Originally Posted by hopingtofly (Post 24750922)
What about travel insurance? Where would be the best place to ask about that?

I would post general travel insurance questions in the Travel Products forum. But you would probably do well to do a site search for thread titles containing the word insurance, as sometimes there will be discussions in the airline or destination forums, for example. Good question, though, so I'll add something to the index.


Originally Posted by rodg89 (Post 24794176)
Very helpful index, I've used it often. May I suggest adding Cash Advance? I have bounced around trying to remember which cards get coded as cash advance when buying GCs at various places. Thank you.

This relates to credit, debit and gift cards, so that's the forum to search. I'll see if I can clarify the index, but "cash advance" is not a term we see misposted very often, and it may be a bit overly specific for this thread's purpose.

karns Sep 2, 15 4:46 pm

using miles to upgrade a codeshare flight (*A)
 

Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad (Post 24659003)
We get it. FlyerTalk is big. It's really big. And finding your way around this site is not always intuitive. So we've begun compiling a topic index to help you figure out where to get the info you need, and where to post your questions if you don't actually find what you're seeking.

If you don't see your topic on the list, please let us know!

Thanks!

The Information Desk Moderation Team

Hi, I just posted a question (already forgot which forum) about upgrading a B fare flight using *A miles. I don't know if it was the right place or not, but at least there were posts about it.

I don't see in the index any reference to either awards or upgrades. Can you point me in the right direction, or add it to the Information Desk?

Thanks very much.

Mwenenzi Sep 3, 15 12:48 am


Originally Posted by karns (Post 25368793)
I don't see in the index any reference to either awards or upgrades. Can you point me in the right direction,

Look in the subforum for each airline ffp. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...-programs-374/
The rules for awards & upgrades (if any) vary a lot depending on the ffp and many other factors

Rote Oct 30, 15 10:51 pm

pls i have a return ticket that was due on October 4 2015. Is it still valid?

mlv416 Nov 23, 15 11:46 am

I'm sorry - I can't figure out where to ask this or if it's been answered before.

I am hoping to find a specific fare deal/sale on a premium fare on a specific route and more specific (but not necessarily absolutely fixed time) and was wondering if other than checking on my preferred airlines website every day, there is another way to set up an alert about the seat sale?

I'm guessing not - because that it sounds like a good idea like that would be more commonly known. But wanted to be sure.

Backsmith Nov 24, 15 5:44 am

Downgrades - not on the list
 
If you don't see your topic on the list, please let us know!

I am looking for help in tackling AA over a downgrade from Philly to Dublin. Sold as a BA code share. I believe that AA are responsible and that the EU rules don't apply to AA.

Where should I post?

Thanks
J

chaschas Nov 27, 15 6:51 am


Originally Posted by PDXUA (Post 25761287)
How about the status of the coupon connection?

agreed. I have a few things to get rid of before end of year.


Originally Posted by chaschas (Post 25778315)
agreed. I have a few things to get rid of before end of year.

So I really need to wait until I post 180 times to get access to this? I have been on forum since 2009

UpAt40k Dec 4, 15 11:06 am


Originally Posted by chaschas (Post 25778321)
So I really need to wait until I post 180 times to get access to this? I have been on forum since 2009

Yes, 180 substantive posts will allow mods to judge your account and add it to the CC.

JDiver Dec 8, 15 9:17 am


Originally Posted by chaschas (Post 25778321)
So I really need to wait until I post 180 times to get access to this? I have been on forum since 2009

The "hard" Coupon Connection access requirements are 180 days and 180 substantive posts.

For others who might be reading this:

Those who "post pad" with trivial filler posts will find one or more of:
  • Blocked from The Coupon Connection (most common)

  • Post deletions (often)

  • Post count reset (can be requested by TCC or Senior Moderators)
The Coupon Connection access is a privilege, not a right; the intent is to allow reliable, tried, proven members access.

For further information, read the wiki post at the top of the page here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...ed-issues.html

velda Jan 27, 16 3:29 pm

when is it best to book Christmas/New Year frequent flyer travel?
 
My husband and I would like to use our FF miles (UNITED and/or AA) to fly to Hawaii from Chicago this next Christmas/New Year. Should we book as soon as the award flights are available or should we wait a few months to see if the miles required and the flight options are more favorable? Any thoughts/opinions/experience would be appreciated. Thank you, Velda

Please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place...I'm not catching on very quickly.

Mwenenzi Jan 28, 16 8:54 pm

velda Welcome to the forum


Originally Posted by velda (Post 26091688)
My husband and I would like to use our FF miles (UNITED and/or AA) to fly to Hawaii from Chicago this next Christmas/New Year. Should we book as soon as the award flights are available or should we wait a few months to see if the miles required and the flight options are more favorable? Any thoughts/opinions/experience would be appreciated.

Book as soon as you find availability. 100's [or 1000's?] of others are trying/hoping for the same. IIRC both UA & AA offer one way awards. You may have to do that or go on separate aircraft and/or days
Look in the UA & AA forum for threads on using miles (it can be confusing)

VPman Feb 21, 16 6:06 am

Flights promo codes
 
Hi there I'm a little bit lost. This forum is so big! Is there a thread about promo codes for flight search engines or airlines? I have seen there is for Hotels but can't find one for flights.

vkcpaty May 23, 16 6:25 pm

How to get my Tickets printed? your website is having technical problems and not working. Says sorry.
My Reference No: EY61LB Chandrapty

Lion88 Jun 4, 16 3:28 pm

Thanks))

cezcez Jun 4, 16 5:37 pm

how to legalize Philippine marriage in United Kingdom

tom911 Jun 4, 16 6:37 pm


Originally Posted by cezcez (Post 26729444)
how to legalize Philippine marriage in United Kingdom

You can discuss that in OMNI after you have 180 posts and 180 days here.

delta_777 Jun 10, 16 8:48 am

Where can I find some smart advice/information on cancelling a ticket? I'm in a bit of a trouble

tom911 Jun 10, 16 9:04 am

You'll need to post in the specific airline forum you're ticketed with. Cancellation policies can vary widely depending on destination, carrier and type of ticket - some will give you a credit towards future travel less a change fee (that can be as high as $250-300 on international routes), while others won't offer you any concessions at all.

westbror Aug 13, 16 1:48 pm

First post, and not sure where to ask. Maybe the dumbest question of all time, but I really don't know--do you earn EQM's for award travel?

Mwenenzi Aug 13, 16 3:03 pm

westbror Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by westbror (Post 27059539)
--do you earn EQM's for award travel?

No.
Only for cash paid flights

westbror Aug 13, 16 3:28 pm

Thank you. Follow-up; so EQM's are still earned if you cash in upgrade certficates? It's not easy to find this information on any of the airline program pages.

Mwenenzi Aug 13, 16 5:32 pm


Originally Posted by westbror (Post 27059926)
Thank you. Follow-up; so EQM's are still earned if you cash in upgrade certficates? It's not easy to find this information on any of the airline program pages.

Sometimes (most time?) you earn at the rate of the economy ticket you paid cash for and not the upgraded class rate.

Better to look on the AA & DL forums. The AA forum has sticky threads on top and wiki threads. Can be hard to navigate/understand but one you understand how these work the answer to most basic question are there.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...advantage-733/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-skymiles-665/

kklems Sep 10, 16 10:13 am

What exactly are the Omni forums? Earlier in this thread it looks like you need to be a member for 180 days (have that) and have a 180 posts (barely have that). I have been seeing people reference that forum on a couple of posts but when I click that hyperlink from the home page even when signed in it tells me can't access that forum

beckoa Sep 30, 16 12:07 pm


Originally Posted by kklems (Post 27192235)
What exactly are the Omni forums? Earlier in this thread it looks like you need to be a member for 180 days (have that) and have a 180 posts (barely have that). I have been seeing people reference that forum on a couple of posts but when I click that hyperlink from the home page even when signed in it tells me can't access that forum

Under "O":


Originally Posted by wiki
Off-topic, non-travel questions/discussion > OMNI > a restricted-access forum for longtime, contributing members; non-travel threads started by members who are not yet eligible for OMNI will be locked or deleted


hoang53 Oct 7, 16 5:54 am

I did not see any information or forum about check in at the gate for international flight after arriving LAX from domestic flight.

Adam1222 Oct 13, 16 12:15 pm


Originally Posted by hoang53 (Post 27314978)
I did not see any information or forum about check in at the gate for international flight after arriving LAX from domestic flight.

I'm not sure what you mean by "check in at the gate," since you don't check in at gates. But if you want to know about connecting onto a flight, visit the forum for the airline operating that flight.

Lennys26v2 Oct 24, 16 8:13 am

USA TSA Experience question
 
I want to ask a question about the communities experience with TSA checked bag searches? Any suggestions where to post that?

Thx.

tom911 Oct 24, 16 9:33 am

Looks like most of the TSA discussion is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...cy-debate-687/

larciel Oct 24, 16 6:37 pm

I remember seeing a mile redeem search site where if you put in from/to airports, the webpage searches for airline with lowest mile needed for that trip. Anyone know what site it was?? thanks

Mwenenzi Oct 24, 16 7:17 pm


Originally Posted by larciel (Post 27388718)
I remember seeing a mile redeem search site where if you put in from/to airports, the webpage searches for airline with lowest mile needed for that trip. Anyone know what site it was?? thanks

Awards assistance tools
Use at your own risk. These may not be up to date. (These are not recommendations)
If a multi segment award check the rules/cost carefully. With some ffps it can 2 or more awards.
Some awards/airlines/routes can have cash surcharges, in addition to real taxes.
-AwardAce: Compare Award Redemptions Across Airlines In Seconds -->http://www.awardace.com/
-Economical Excursionist's Tools to compare Frequent Flyer Mile Redemptions --> http://www.flyermiler.com/
-http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ast-miles.html --> http://www.awardhacker.com/

pbh220 Feb 27, 17 7:36 am

LHR 2017 security issues
 
Please direct me to the forum related to LHR security issues: I just spent 1 hour getting through security just trying to connect to a flight (on the same ticket w/carryon). LHR security unpacked my entire backpack, required new packing liquids in "govt" issue bag (very small & weak seal).

Want to get advice fro FT community & give them a heads up...

Thanks

Adam1222 Feb 27, 17 7:38 am


Originally Posted by pbh220 (Post 27964448)
Please direct me to the forum related to LHR security issues: I just spent 1 hour getting through security just trying to connect to a flight (on the same ticket w/carryon). LHR security unpacked my entire backpack, required new packing liquids in "govt" issue bag (very small & weak seal).

Want to get advice fro FT community & give them a heads up...

Thanks

This doesn't sound like a big deal, but LHR issues are best addressed in the forum for the UK under Destinations, where it appears your post was moved. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...ty-delays.html

tom911 Feb 27, 17 7:42 am


Originally Posted by pbh220 (Post 27964448)
Please direct me to the forum related to LHR security issues

Probably one of these two:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...ty-issues-686/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...cy-debate-687/

sanfran767 Jul 9, 17 10:36 am

Is there a forum for LEVEL air?

tom911 Jul 9, 17 11:11 am


Originally Posted by sanfran767 (Post 28538468)
Is there a forum for LEVEL air?

Not an individual forum, so it would probably go in the "Other European Airlines" forum where Norwegian and some others reside.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-airlines-469/

jaym22 Jul 19, 17 12:15 pm

Can someone please direct me to the forum where I can ask about which credit card(s) to get to plan for an upcoming trip? Thanks.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:18 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.