FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Where to find information about... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1671782-where-find-information-about.html)

NewbieRunner Aug 30, 17 11:00 am


Originally Posted by ssg10 (Post 28754178)
Hi. If I am asking about maximizing best mileage program to use for certain route, like TYO to HKG, and not specific about certain airline mileage, where should I post?

For example, if I have X-miles in amex, citi thankyou, AA, united, delta, etc, how can I get the best deal to fly first class from TYO to HKG.

TYO to HKG is only 4.5 hours and most airlines which fly the route don't have first class. As far as I can see (on Google Flights) Cathay Pacific is the only airline which has first class on this route.

Mwenenzi Sep 1, 17 12:34 am


Originally Posted by ssg10 (Post 28754178)
Hi. If I am asking about maximizing best mileage program to use for certain route, like TYO to HKG, and not specific about certain airline mileage, where should I post?

For example, if I have X-miles in Amex, Citi Thankyou, AA, United, Delta, etc, how can I get the best deal to fly first class from TYO to HKG.

As, above what research have you done yourself?
Are you familiar with good international first/business class, as opposed to what is sold as USA domestic first class on many flight? Many USA people seem to think USA domestic first class is as good as it gets.

Credit card transfer links
Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs forum
Amex http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-program.html
Chase http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Citi http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...-partners.html

Frequent Flyer Award assistance tools
Use at your own risk. (These are not recommendations)
These links give a guide of ff miles needed. These may not be up to date.
Availability is from the airline ffp web sites/phone.
Award flights are never guaranteed. You need to be flexible with date and route.
Depending on the airline and/or ffp awards can start to become available 355/330 days out.
Awards can be released any time from the 355/330 days to closer to departure.
Frequent flyer miles/points are not equal to or burn. They are not 1 to 1
If a multi segment award check the rules/cost carefully. With some ffp’s it can be 2 or more awards or cost more ff miles/points than a direct flight.
If the award is on partner airline it may cost more miles/points than an award on the ffp airline.
Some awards/airlines/routes can have cash surcharges, in addition to real taxes.
Real taxes/regulatory fees are the same for all airlines on the same route/class.
Some carrier imposed surcharges can trigger additional real taxes when the flight changes from non-revenue to revenue.
-AwardAce: Compare Award Redemptions Across Airlines In Seconds --> http://www.awardace.com/ Has surcharge indication
-Economical Excursionist's Tools to compare Frequent Flyer Mile Redemptions --> http://www.flyermiler.com/
-http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ast-miles.html --> http://www.awardhacker.com/

elizadoo Oct 11, 17 8:47 pm

Long-time member here and I am stumped. Can't find any information or master list of Award Booking Services...you know, the person you pay to book your flights with award points. About a year ago I asked the question--can't remember where on the forum--and received only a few replies. Despite writing to 5? 6? Booking Services, only 2 were kind enough to reply, and neither was taking on new business at the moment.

I have over x400k LifeMiles that MUST be used to make a booking within the next two weeks.

Where do I start to find an Award Booking Service?

tom911 Oct 11, 17 9:16 pm

This master thread seems to be active:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...e-reviews.html

elizadoo Oct 12, 17 12:53 pm


Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 28922448)
This master thread seems to be active:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...e-reviews.html

Thank you, Tom911!

Ferris Asante Jan 8, 18 9:12 am

Why?
 
Why is it so difficult to simply find competency at the front desk these days?

tom911 Jan 8, 18 9:33 am


Originally Posted by Ferris Asante (Post 29265277)
Why is it so difficult to simply find competency at the front desk these days?

Can't recall any threads on that topic. You might want to start one in the forum of whatever hotel program you're referring to.

KarimM85 Jan 29, 18 10:58 pm

Hi, "new be" here...and I'm not sure if this question has been previously asked...is it possible to transfer miles to my soon to be life
partner. Thank you

tom911 Jan 30, 18 5:19 am


Originally Posted by KarimM85 (Post 29356202)
Hi, "new be" here...and I'm not sure if this question has been previously asked...is it possible to transfer miles to my soon to be life
partner. Thank you

It's going to depend on what airline is in play. American, for instance, allows it, but charges a $20 processing fee plus $12.50 per 1,000 miles transferred, so it will cost you. Much easier to just book an award ticket from your account in the name of your partner.

WorldLux Jan 30, 18 5:56 am


Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 29356967)
It's going to depend on what airline is in play. American, for instance, allows it, but charges a $20 processing fee plus $12.50 per 1,000 miles transferred, so it will cost you. Much easier to just book an award ticket from your account in the name of your partner.

Given that @KarimM85 has cross posted in the QR sub forum, it's likely going to be QMiles with QRPC.

OT: Flyertalk doesn't like cross posting.

Mwenenzi Jan 30, 18 1:14 pm


Originally Posted by WorldLux (Post 29357047)
Given that @KarimM85 has cross posted in the QR sub forum, it's likely going to be QMiles with QRPC. .

And KarimM85 profile shows country as QA

SoCalNorCal Feb 2, 18 3:42 am

Hi Everyone,

New to this, so hoping someone can point me in the correct direction. Is there a recommended app / search tool / etc. that displays last minute travel deals/packages. Say you have a specific weekend free and are willing to travel any number of places for the right price.

I'm specifically looking at Presidents Day weekend. Leaving Friday night or Saturday morning and returning on Monday. I'm here in the Bay Area with access to both SFO & SJC. Wide open to destinations. Would prefer a premium class cabin & 4+ star hotel.

Adam1222 Feb 2, 18 6:41 am


Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal (Post 29370459)
Hi Everyone,

New to this, so hoping someone can point me in the correct direction. Is there a recommended app / search tool / etc. that displays last minute travel deals/packages. Say you have a specific weekend free and are willing to travel any number of places for the right price.

I'm specifically looking at Presidents Day weekend. Leaving Friday night or Saturday morning and returning on Monday. I'm here in the Bay Area with access to both SFO & SJC. Wide open to destinations. Would prefer a premium class cabin & 4+ star hotel.

. There is a forum for Online Travel Agencies https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/
There is nowhere on Flyertalk for your request that others find you a deal for your specific desired vacation, though.

tom911 Feb 2, 18 7:36 am


Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal (Post 29370459)
Is there a recommended app / search tool / etc. that displays last minute travel deals/packages.

Lastminute.com has a section for weekend breaks, but it's for departures from European cities. Right now they have departures for February 9 and list a good dozen destinations. I can't recall running across any U.S. sites that offer the same type of last minute packages where you can pick from a list of prepackaged destinations with air and hotel. You pretty much have to plot the trip out on your own.

Take a look at www.aavacations.com. You'll need to list a destination city, but they do provide package deals with air and hotel.

tillytoo9 Mar 6, 18 12:02 am

Changes to flight
 
Does FT offer help/recommendation on making changes to flights and consequences (for changes) made to flights? I've read through this site and the airline site...still need help.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:00 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.