Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award trip to Hawaii!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Award trip to Hawaii!

Heared that it is cheapest to use singapore airline miles to Hawaii.

How do you book this? and Do Singapore mile ever expire? How do I keep it from expiring?

First do award search on united.com and if I see round trip availability, I sign up for Singapore mileage account, I transfer my UR points to Singapore airline account & than call Singapore airline rep to book?
The trip is ORD-Maui.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Heared that it is cheapest to use singapore airline miles to Hawaii.

How do you book this? and Do Singapore mile ever expire? How do I keep it from expiring?

First do award search on united.com and if I see round trip availability, I sign up for Singapore mileage account, I transfer my UR points to Singapore airline account & than call Singapore airline rep to book?
The trip is ORD-Maui.
SQ is second cheapest for Hawaii from ORD. Korean's new chart places Hawaii in the N. America region, so they only charge 25K round trip for coach or 45K for business to Hawaii. You do have to find Delta saver availability though.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by dukerau
SQ is second cheapest for Hawaii from ORD. Korean's new chart places Hawaii in the N. America region, so they only charge 25K round trip for coach or 45K for business to Hawaii. You do have to find Delta saver availability though.

Can i xfer 25k chase ultimate reward points to skyteam/korean air miles to book a RT ticket to hawaii from NYC?

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:08 am
Original Poster

How do I check it? delta.com? Transfer UR points to korean and call korea mileage customer rep to book the ORD-Maui trip? The flight is Delta airlines?

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:55 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
How do I check it? delta.com? Transfer UR points to korean and call korea mileage customer rep to book the ORD-Maui trip? The flight is Delta airlines?

Thanks
Yes.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JBG89
Can i xfer 25k chase ultimate reward points to skyteam/korean air miles to book a RT ticket to hawaii from NYC?

Thanks!
Yes, and to the OP, yes. You need to find Delta low level availability. I think that means it should appear as 45,000 mile cost on delta.com but confirm with Delta's award chart.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest is singapore miles or korean air miles?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Cheapest is singapore miles or korean air miles?
Korean. See Post #2.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

If Korean miles is cheapest, how do I use Korean miles for ORD-MAUI on Delta? Delta flies non stop? And stop over allowed? ORD -MCO- Maui? OR ORD- Maui- MCO-ORD?

Thanks

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; May 9, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Old May 9, 2015, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

If Korean miles is cheapest, how do I use Korean miles for ORD-MAUI on Delta? Delta flies non stop? And stop over allowed? ORD -MCO- Maui? OR ORD- Maui- MCO-ORD?

Thanks
No, DL does not fly nonstop. Go to delta.com and see what routings DL offers between ORD and OGG. KE would permit a stopover (in both directions, I believe); but whether KE would permit a stopover in MCO is another matter entirely.
Old May 9, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

Thanks
You will want to be sure that there is low level availability on DL before transferring your UR points, as once you've transferred them there it's not possible to reverse the transfer. Despite this there is always a risk that in the time between checking DL availability, transferring the UR points, and contacting KE to book, the seat(s) could be gone...maybe not a huge risk depending on how long that all takes and the award seat inventory on your desired flight(s), but there are no guarantees. I haven't transferred UR to KE yet, though IME most UR point transfers to partners are completed within minutes.

Yes, and to the OP, yes. You need to find Delta low level availability. I think that means it should appear as 45,000 mile cost on delta.com but confirm with Delta's award chart.
Unfortunately DL no longer publishes an award chart. The mileage price you pay is whatever DL displays when you search their website. Thus we won't always know for sure what the "low level" cost is, just the lowest available on your searched dates (though I haven't heard of anecdotes of the HI costs changing...yet). This thread has screenshots of the last known DL award charts, and other discussion of recent experiences.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ard-chart.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.