Wiki Posts
Search

CHASE UR vs AMEX MR vs Airline Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
CHASE UR vs AMEX MR vs Airline Miles

What's worth more per point? CHASE UR vs. Airline Miles.
Example: 100k UR worth more than 100k DL Skymiles?

Last edited by skchin; Aug 21, 2014 at 8:52 pm
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:42 pm

depends on which airline FFP you want to redeem
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by skchin
What's worth more per point? CHASE UR vs. Airline Miles.
Example: 100k UR worth more than 100k DL Skymiles?
100k Ur is worth more than 200k Skypesos IMO - all comes down to personal preference and needs
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Yeah, as always it depends. But if I had to make a binary choice between UR and airline miles (generically), I'd pick UR. The reason is that UR points have flexibility in multiple transfer partners (airline, hotel and train) which a single airline scheme doesn't and UR has some good choices in transfer partners.

In a DL v. UR example I'd say UR in a heartbeat, though in an individual redemption scenario DL could have more value depending on the trip(s) in question and a person's circumstances.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
After consulting with the mods of Milesbuzz and Infodesk, I'll move this thread to the latter.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:41 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
It depends on your choice but UR and Amex miles are almost worth the same with regular airline miles worth a bit less due to less flexibility

Last edited by howtofreetravel; Aug 25, 2014 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Yeah, as always it depends. But if I had to make a binary choice between UR and airline miles (generically), I'd pick UR. The reason is that UR points have flexibility in multiple transfer partners (airline, hotel and train) which a single airline scheme doesn't and UR has some good choices in transfer partners.

In a DL v. UR example I'd say UR in a heartbeat, though in an individual redemption scenario DL could have more value depending on the trip(s) in question and a person's circumstances.
+1 to all of the above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.