Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Help Request: Booking award flight during high season

I'm currently sitting on:
~60k UR points
~14k United miles
~55k AA miles
~45k Alaska miles

I'm looking to book a round-trip ticket from PDX or SEA to CUN from December 27-Jan1. My flight is already booked and has been since March; this is for my girlfriend. The cheapest flight I could find was 50k miles with Alaska... can anyone find any partner/unknown redemptions that are cheaper? I was able to book it for myself for 55k united miles using cancun as a stopover to costa rica. Any tricks of the trade left to use to get me a cheap ticket for the SO?

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Jul 9, 2014 at 1:54 pm Reason: removed brackets from title as this is generally used to indicate a moderator edit
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
50k Alaska miles for what you want is a great price, especially if it's the non-stop SEA-CUN.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:12 pm

You can do it for less using Avios to book American Airlines or US Airways flgihts if you can find it in 1-stop. SEA/PDX-PHX/DFW-CUN is 17,500 avios each way. SEA/PDX-ORD-CUN would be 20,000 each way.

You can transfer UR points to Avios.

However, I see nothing available even remotely close to your dates. This late in the year, you probably won't find much better than 50k on Alaska (although I couldn't find this either...shows up as 70k for me)
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:59 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I would get the miles and jump on that Alaska Air award before it goes away. It will not last for long!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.