Track credit card opening/closing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum

Looking to see if there is any website out there that allows me to keep track of when cards were opened and closed? I'm trying to keep everything organized, and haven't been able to find something geared towards this. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:19 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
excel

Code:

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; May 7, 2014 at 8:18 pm Reason: Place oversize image in scrollable box
Old May 7, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it's your own credit card opening/closing, why not just create a spreadsheet or a text document (on your own computer, or using a general-purpose "cloud" service if you prefer) in which you do this?

That's how most people do it.

I doubt that there's a specialized webiste for it. What would such a website do that a spreadsheet or text document couldn't?

In case you have a computer but don't have a spreadsheet program (which Excel is), and don't want to pay for one, you can download a MicroSoft Office compatible free tool suite at:

openoffice.org

OpenOffice is free, since it's "open source" (like the Firefox browser).
Old May 7, 2014, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I use excel currently, was seeing if there was a site similar to creditkarma that could just pull this information to validate my manual tracking of it.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cascade
I use excel currently, was seeing if there was a site similar to creditkarma that could just pull this information to validate my manual tracking of it.
Be careful, the dates shown on credit reports may not exactly match the dates as the bank sees it. The people who run credit bureaus are not into the precise timing needed for things like spend thershold deadlines or inter-application clocks. For their purposes, "rounded" numbers (including dates) are fine. For churning purposes, though, you may need exact dates.

Now, if you have lost all your own information for a particular card, you can try using your credit reports as a fallback, but you need to kind in mind that the dates there may not be as accurate as if you had kept track of it yourself.

But there's no magic "site" for it; it's your credit reports that have this information, however you access them.
Old May 8, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Visa, SWA Rapid Rewards, Nat'l Car Rental, US Dividend Miles MC, Delta Skymiles AmEx
I think you'd be best off calling your card companies and asking them what date they have on file and keeping a list of your own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.