Search

Help please finding a scuba live aboard for March 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AP, et al
Talking Help please finding a scuba live aboard for March 2014 in Maldives

Hi FTers

I'm a long-time fan of FT, not much of a poster, but I have learnt (and trying to apply) tons from this wonderful forum.

I'm hoping someone who has experienced a scuba live aboard in the Maldives, might recommend an operator(s).

We are 3 adults looking for a 6-7 night cruise, starting 21 or 22 March 2014.

We would prefer a smaller boat, less than 20 pax, and ideally under $2000 each for the week. A cruise that does some stopping off at a village or two would be great.

I have searched a few sites that seem to be booking sites for several of the same boats, but I haven't found any 'decent' ie seemingly reliable reviews.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,
Rugr Grli

Last edited by rugrgrli; Feb 3, 2014 at 10:48 am Reason: Add 'Maldives' to title
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:24 pm

I would recommend some scuba boards on another website. I don't know of any, but I'm sure you could google. Or you might try your local dive shop...Or you might get a scuba magazine and see that ads there...
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
I have been to maldives once and returning in December of this year. Last time we used the www.ArkRoyalMaldives.com, this time we will be using M.V. Carpe Vita Explorer. I use a dive tour travel company and they choose the boats. I have used this tour company for approx 10 dive trips in the past few years and they choose safe, reliable boats. YMMV.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA

Last edited by janetdoe; Feb 3, 2014 at 3:16 pm Reason: nevermind
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AP, et al
Thank you for the helpful suggestions.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I'd also try singledivers.com. Its not a singles/dating website but rather a good site for divers who are diving single due to SO not being interested or not having an SO. Very helpful for finding itineraries to mix diving and non-diving interests.

From what I've heard, I think it'll be rare to find a live-aboard that operates as a cruise and stops at different cities/ports. Most of the point of the liveaboards that I've seen is to spend as much time as possible offshore and diving. Granted, most I've looked at are around the GBR and need more time offshore to get to dive locations, but something to consider.

Hope you find a great option for you and the companions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.