Search

Buying Flight Tickets ONLINE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
A few of the possibilities violate FT TOS

Furthering Illegal Activity
Posts that further illegal activity (i.e., buying and selling of awards, direct fraud upon any program) will be removed without notice and posting members' FlyerTalk accounts subjected to revocation.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:40 am

Something seems very wrong here.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
One point that has not been mentioned -- if a ticket is purchased with a credit card, no matter where or from whom, if it is refunded, it is always refunded back to the original credit card, no where else. So the only person who could get the funds back is the original purchaser, no one else.

OP - if you would tell us the circumstances that leads you to ask your question, you would more likely get a definitive answer. The fact that you aren't saying the reasons for your question is raising a lot of suspicions.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by FirstInFlight
I assume, based on the answers, that the issue is that someone other than the OP might seek to cancel the ticket and recover the money paid for it. Examples could include a soon-to-be-appointed bankruptcy trustee, a soon-to-be ex-spouse etc. Sometimes people who know they are facing financial collapse try to spend what is left in ways that will be beyond the reach of their creditors. Not really interested in being involved in that discussion.

OTOH, as a theoretical question, assuming that the OP is not doing something nefarious, you would need a vendor that was beyond the reach of the courts where the OP resides. Perhaps an Asian-based ticket consolidator? You would also probably need quick trips.

If the OP is trying to spend what he has left to defeat creditors there are lots of websites that offer advice on such behavior - but not really something I've seen encouraged on FT.
Assuming a scenario like the one you describe you would have to eliminate the link between the CC and the ticket - buying gift cards and paying for the ticket with gift cards is one way to do that.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerryFF
if ticket is purchased with a credit card, no matter where or from whom, if it is refunded, it is always refunded back to the original credit card, no where else.
I know this very well but I don't have the time and/or budget to hire programmers who could block the trace (tracking id) of card transaction so the trace of funding gets lost and therefore card provider ''of'' the person executing the dispute wouldn't be able to track down the transaction. There might be possible to either encrypt or automatically modify transaction id on the fly BUT im NOT interested about that, neither to ask or pay someone to give any info about this. My purpose of opening the topic was completely different: Thats why I was and still looking for nonrefundable payments.

if you would tell us the circumstances that leads you to ask your question, you would more likely get a definitive answer.
The problem is that owner of card or bank account can dispute the charge at any time. Sometimes such disputes can be successfully (negative environment) turned into chargeback very soon and the passenger might not even lended yet. So he/she won't be able to use his/her seat because such ticket will get cancelled. There can be many possibilities why someone would do the dispute, definitelly not just unauthorized transaction.

Don't have a list of reputable websites that offer flight tickets so collecting this before asking one by one will take months
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by magician0
I know this very well but I don't have the time and/or budget to hire programmers who could block the trace (tracking id) of card transaction so the trace of funding gets lost and therefore card provider ''of'' the person executing the dispute wouldn't be able to track down the transaction. There might be possible to either encrypt or automatically modify transaction id on the fly BUT im NOT interested about that, neither to ask or pay someone to give any info about this. My purpose of opening the topic was completely different: Thats why I was and still looking for nonrefundable payments.

The problem is that owner of card or bank account can dispute the charge at any time. Sometimes such disputes can be successfully (negative environment) turned into chargeback very soon and the passenger might not even lended yet. So he/she won't be able to use his/her seat because such ticket will get cancelled. There can be many possibilities why someone would do the dispute, definitelly not just unauthorized transaction.

Don't have a list of reputable websites that offer flight tickets so collecting this before asking one by one will take months
What you are trying to do is not possible. Don't waste your time.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....The problem is that owner of card or bank account can dispute the charge at any time.
Why would the owner of card or bank account dispute the charge unless it was not authorised?
Stolen card / numbers?
Using someone's company or personal card with out proper authorisation ?
Something is missing from magician0 posts

See post 7 & 16

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 3, 2014 at 5:31 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
the OP is trying to use stolen CCs to buy tickets and resell them. He wants to find a way so that the real owner of the CC can't do a chargeback or dispute the purchase, so that his customers will always comeback to him for discounted tickets.

on a side note, i saw on a TV show, either on TLC or the Travel channel (don't know if this story was real), some girl got off her first leg and couldnt get on the second leg because her ticket was canceled because it was purchased with a stolen CC.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
What's the relationship between OP and the payment method?

Because i would like to give them as a gift and don't want that the person wouldn't be able to go to the flight just because someone disputed the transaction.
The problem is that owner of card or bank account can dispute the charge at any time.
(bolding mine)

Are you that "someone?" If so, why dispute?
Are you "that owner of the card or bank account?" If so, why dispute?

If both answers are NO, meaning you want to use someone else' card to "give a gift:"

1. Does this someone else agree and authorize such charge? If yes, why would that person disputes?

2. If this someone else doesn't authorize such transaction, why and how are you able to put any charge on said card?

3. If your payment method is a simply a stolen credit card, well, just say it out. So savvy FTers can give you a straightfoward answer to your original "encrypted" inquiry:

Originally Posted by vasantn
What you are trying to do is not possible. Don't waste your time.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lin821
1. Does this someone else agree and authorize such charge? If yes, why would that person disputes?
No, he/she doesn't agree. If he/she agreed, obviously no such research on nonrefundable ticket would be needed. To me that sounds logical.

2. If this someone else doesn't authorize such transaction, why and how are you able to put any charge on said card?
Able to because I have all needed cards details.

Well, I guess I got my answer although it is negative but thank you.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Sounds like a stolen credit card...

If you want to give a gift, why not use your own money and credit card?

No, he/she doesn't agree. If he/she agreed, obviously no such research on nonrefundable ticket would be needed. To me that sounds logical.
(bolding mine)

No, that doesn't sound logical. I only smell crime.

You plan to charge someone else card without the card holder's authorization.

Able to because I have all needed cards details.
I am not even going to ask how you obtained all the necessary info on someone else' card.

All I can tell you is this, based on your latest reply, you are planning to initiate a credit card fraudulent charge, which may also involve identity theft. FT doesn't encourage any of such conduct. However, we do have quite a few FTers in the legal field. If you need a referral for lawyers, I am sure FTers can provide.

I am sorry even if you were a true "magician0", no magic can be done here. You don't need me to tell you how wrong it is to charge a gift on someone else' credit card without his/her knowing and consent.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
magician0,

If you need to do this for some sort of semi-legitimate reason (like protecting money from creditors, etc.), then--as mentioned above--there are other forums on the Internet to better discuss this. FlyerTalk really isn't the place for that.

And if you're trying to use stolen credit cards to steal money from people and book travel without them being able to refund your ticket, then FlyerTalk definitely isn't the place for that. (These folks might be able to help, though.)

In either case, nothing productive will come from continuing the discussion here, so I will close this thread.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.