Search

Buying Flight Tickets ONLINE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Buying Flight Tickets ONLINE

Hello,
Since its my first post, I apologize if it isn't correct section of forum. In this case, you shall move it to correct section.
Would like to know if is anyone familiar with website where can I purchase flight tickets (any and all arrival + departure destinations - no matter on continent of country) WITHOUT having option of money refund? So I am looking for websites where is 100% guarantee refund will Never happen due to the policy that all purchases of flight tickets are final and 100% nonrefundable, no matter on payment method.

So far I saw very few websites claiming/lie-ing to say they don't refund funds once online transaction is completed. I asked how true this is but unfortunately they said if I bring some serious banking/credit card proofs regarding not agreeding with the charge or if i bring the case to the court or if i sue them, small possibility exist they refund the payment. This is not what I look for. I am searching flight tickets companies with 100% nonrefundable payments with no matter what reason/excuse of dispute (asking for refund of funds before OR after the flight) would be.

Anyone knows? Would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:43 am

Refund rules are set by the airlines, not the travel agency.
Therefore, it's impossible that a web site will never sell a ticket that is refundable.
Every airline I know of will refund your money if they cancel your planned flights and no suitable option is available, so what you are looking for most likely isn't available.

Why would you want such tickets?

Last edited by 26point2orbust; Feb 3, 2014 at 1:08 am
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Because i would like to give them as a gift and don't want that the person wouldn't be able to go to the flight just because someone disputed the transaction.

Then the source of tickets would be from airlines (any arrival/departure location) but must be nonrefundable for sure, regardless on reason/excuse for disputing/complaining about online transaction for purchasing tickets. Also regardless on potential consequence of invalid transaction / missed flights, etc.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:54 am

I do not understand your problem.

You want to give somebody a ticket as a gift. Ok, not a problem, go to a TA or use an OTA and book a ticket. If you get the E-Ticket issued you (him or her) are on the flight - period*. If you want to cut out the middleman, directly book the ticket at the operating carrier.

The only think I would avoid are the "Heavily Discounted First/Business Class Ticket Broker" as they will sell you tickets which are bought form the airline by some other persons miles (Milage broker). There is a risk you will get canceled by the airline if they find out and you won't get a refund from the broker. But even that is rare... anyway - avoid them or search the forums here about this topic.

* cancelations etc can happen, and you will get either rebooked or refunded. There is nothing you can do about it.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by magician0
Because i would like to give them as a gift and don't want that the person wouldn't be able to go to the flight just because someone disputed the transaction.

Then the source of tickets would be from airlines (any arrival/departure location) but must be nonrefundable for sure, regardless on reason/excuse for disputing/complaining about online transaction for purchasing tickets. Also regardless on potential consequence of invalid transaction / missed flights, etc.
If you don't dispute the transaction, there's no concern there. The airline could cancel the ticket for any reason, or they could cancel part/all of the routing you purchased. In the latter case, they would get the passenger(s) to the destination via alternative routing. I don't understand why you're hung up on this. If someone will not be appreciative of your gift of a free flight because of something the airline does (outside your control), that's just unreasonable.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Im confused what you mean by dispute the transaction?

The ticket is pretty much owned by the traveler not the one purchasing it. A few exceptions would be a refundable ticket if cancelled would be refunded to the original form of payment. If the flight is cancelled by the airline a refund will also be issued to original form of payment if requested but traveler can request a credit instead of a refund. The credit would be in the passengers name

If a non-refundable ticket is cancelled, the ticketed passenger can pay the change fee and use the residual credit for themselves, not usable by the purchaser.

Traveler can also choose to not go and throw the ticket away (ie let the airline keep the money.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:44 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
You want an OTA that wont refund, even if the purchase is found to be fraudulent?

They said if I bring some serious banking/credit card proofs regarding not agreeding with the charge or if i bring the case to the court or if i sue them.... small possibility exist they refund the payment. This is not what I look for.

What exactly are you trying to do???
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hsk
You want an OTA that wont refund, even if the purchase is found to be fraudulent?

What exactly are you trying to do???
Thanks for coming out and saying what I was thinking.

Why would someone be disputing a credit card charge in your name?

Some airlines require the card to be presented for check in when the ticket is in someone elses name.

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 3, 2014 at 7:58 am
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I think we are misunderstanding each other here: im asking if anyone could please name the online seller (company - airline/travel agency - whatever) where could be boughts airlines tickets on 100% NONrefundable method. Based on the forum topic, I guess this is your area of experiences. Would appreciate such answer a lot.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I'm hoping it's a language issue, but the wording leads me to believe that the OP is looking for tickets that cannot be cancelled by the airline even if the CC used to purchase them is, um, not legitimate.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think we are misunderstanding each other here: im asking if anyone could please name the online seller (company - airline/travel agency - whatever) where could be boughts airlines tickets on 100% NONrefundable method. Based on the forum topic, I guess this is your area of experiences. Would appreciate such answer a lot.
priceline bidding but not every country/airline. hotwire.com search where you dont see the airline prior to paying. Pretty much every site will sell you a restricted ticket.

There is no way possible to avoid a situation coming up where some sort of exception can be made to restricted
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
There is no way possible to avoid a situation coming up where some sort of exception can be made to restricted
So are you trying to say what i was hoping i won't be told: no matter on which website do i buy, there is always little possibility to get money from payment back which means always little possibility that dispute successfully comes into chargeback?

those are very bad news for me
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
I'm hoping it's a language issue, but the wording leads me to believe that the OP is looking for tickets that cannot be cancelled by the airline even if the CC used to purchase them is, um, not legitimate.
This is the first theory which makes any sense to me... so he is looking to get a ticket which NOBODY (Travel Agent, Airline, Customer) under NO circumstances will be able to cancel and refund?

Short: Forget it

Long: Read up what happens if an airline e.g. cancels a flight or even worse device to discontinue the route.

So are you trying to say what i was hoping i won't be told: no matter on which website do i buy, there is always little possibility to get money from payment back which means always little possibility that dispute successfully comes into chargeback?

Still weird... so if the airline cancels the route, you will not be happy to get back the money you paid for the trip?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct there is always some way to get out of a non-refundable restricted ticket.

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 3, 2014 at 10:16 am Reason: my usual spelling mistakes
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
I assume, based on the answers, that the issue is that someone other than the OP might seek to cancel the ticket and recover the money paid for it. Examples could include a soon-to-be-appointed bankruptcy trustee, a soon-to-be ex-spouse etc. Sometimes people who know they are facing financial collapse try to spend what is left in ways that will be beyond the reach of their creditors. Not really interested in being involved in that discussion.

OTOH, as a theoretical question, assuming that the OP is not doing something nefarious, you would need a vendor that was beyond the reach of the courts where the OP resides. Perhaps an Asian-based ticket consolidator? You would also probably need quick trips.

If the OP is trying to spend what he has left to defeat creditors there are lots of websites that offer advice on such behavior - but not really something I've seen encouraged on FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.