Wiki Posts
Search

Phoenix Super Bowl 2015 / WM Phoenix Open

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Phoenix Super Bowl 2015 / WM Phoenix Open

I am already looking forward to visiting Phoenix/Scottsdale next year for the Super Bowl and the WM Phoenix Open in the same weekend. There was a very popular thread here for Hotel Deals in NYC for this years Super Bowl, so I figured I would create one for next year.

The Waste Management Phoenix Open is Jan 26-Feb 1 2015
Super Bowl XLIX is Sunday Feb 1 2015

I have already booked the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, AZ Jan 30 - Feb 2 on points. 28k a night (56k w Club Carlson Visa).

The only other CC availability I am seeing is at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Phoenix Airport at Tempe, AZ.

I have checked the other major hotel chains for availability with no success.

Has anyone else found any similar deals for this weekend next year?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Not a bad idea... although looks non-cancellable, even with points (?)..

CANCELLATION POLICY:
Penalty applies to all cancellations.
Cancel today thru Jan 30 2015 = 0.00 USD.
Late cancellations will result in a penalty of first night's Gold Points®.
Failure to cancel this reservation will result in a penalty of all Gold Points® for entire stay.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Feb 1, 2014 at 12:36 pm
Old Feb 1, 2014, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Mods - Why was this thread moved to the information desk? Last years thread was allowed to stay in the Hotel Deals Forum and it received 16k+ views.

56k points for 3 nights at a hotel which is going for $400+ a night is certainly falls under the "hotel deal category" and I'm sure there will be more deals to be had.

Thanks

Mr Halliday - The room is cancel-able until 6pm the day prior or maybe day of arrival; even with points.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by 4235pilot
r Halliday - The room is cancel-able until 6pm the day prior or maybe day of arrival; even with points.
Thanks... I know I have never had trouble cancelling points-res with Carlson before,
but I read the T&C a few times and wasn't sure on this one...
went ahead and booked a king at Scottsdale for 3 nights @ 84K.
I dumped my Carlson card a few months ago b4 renewal,
although I did get good 2x1 use of it once at least.

Not sure why your thread would be moved,
maybe it will be undone, yet best done by PM
to the un-mentionable ones. :P).
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold
I am already looking forward to visiting Phoenix/Scottsdale next year for the Super Bowl and the WM Phoenix Open in the same weekend. There was a very popular thread here for Hotel Deals in NYC for this years Super Bowl, so I figured I would create one for next year.

The Waste Management Phoenix Open is Jan 26-Feb 1 2015
Super Bowl XLIX is Sunday Feb 1 2015

I have already booked the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, AZ Jan 30 - Feb 2 on points. 28k a night (56k w Club Carlson Visa).

The only other CC availability I am seeing is at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Phoenix Airport at Tempe, AZ.

I have checked the other major hotel chains for availability with no success.

Has anyone else found any similar deals for this weekend next year?
Do you already have SB tickets?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Shocker077
Do you already have SB tickets?
Tickets are an easier commodity to get than hotel rooms on redemptions. While hotel prices in NYC dropped dramatically in the couple of days before the Super Bowl this year, there are many fewer hotel rooms in the Phoenix area so rooms are much more likely to command a premium in the days before the game and sell out. In addition, as noted above, the reward redemption can be canceled almost up to the last minute. If the OP's team doesn't make it to the Super Bowl, he can go to Phoenix to enjoy the experience or cancel the redemption and get his points back. Unless he might need his CC points committed to Phoenix for a redemption in 2014, booking now for the 2015 SB is almost a no-lose proposition.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Mods - Why was this thread moved to the information desk? Last years thread was allowed to stay in the Hotel Deals Forum and it received 16k+ views.
I'm honestly not sure, and I don't know if the Hotel Deals forum mods will see your note now that it's here. Might want to PM them. If they agree to take it back, have one of them report the post and we'll get it put back for you.

If not, report it and I might move it over to the USA West forum, which covers destination travel to Arizona, or perhaps Club Carlson, if the topic of this thread is to be limited to that program.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk

Last edited by jackal; Feb 5, 2014 at 3:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.