Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which airine do I pick??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Which airine do I pick??

As a newbie, I have to take 5 family members from the us to Europe. The fares are pretty much similar between all the companies.
Which airline should I go with that I would be able to use the miles to travel more?
What is your opinion?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:09 pm

US are a big and Europe isn't that small as well... so where to you start and where do you want to go?

Your departing airport is an important factor in the equotation as long as you don't want to have to many stop overs to get to next airline hub.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

That depends very much on what routes you would like to redeem miles for in the future. A single roundtrip in Coach will not earn very many miles per passenger. However, there are a small number of frequent-flyer programs that let you open a "family" or "household" account, and pool everyone's miles to have enough for one or more redemptions. Some programs assess very high cash surcharges on some redemptions; others do not.

Do you plan to take advantage of any of the numerous mileage bonuses offered for credit-card sign-ups?

Tell us a little more, and you'll get some good advice here.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smfs
....Which airline should I go with that I would be able to use the miles to travel more?
For what frequent flyer program to join, if you are not yet in a ffp, look here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
And blue links in post 9 here
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I'd like to fly MCI-CDG. Family accounts sound good, I will check into that. We have a family account with BA. As far as CCs go, I just did the personal & Business SW offer, so I am unable to open another Chase at the moment since I just opened 2 this month. I also just got Barclays.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: SQ
What is the difference in price between flights for all 5 people?

I'd pick the cheapest unless the difference is small, in which case I'd go for BA because of the household account and low redemption prices.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:59 am
Suspended

1.Lufthansa.
2.British Airways.
3.Air France.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.