Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by MileageManager
What I really meant was I scowl and cringe whenever my clients fly *A and they ask for a partner earn-in, say into Air China (CA). CA's website is a headache; then I have to mail the BP's to you know, Shanghai and cross my fingers they get there.

Things like that.
Ah. So nothing against United(UA), just some of their partners. Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: AAdvantag, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Finally joined after only lurking in the past....
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by eel1957
Finally joined after only lurking in the past....
Welcome!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:38 am

Hey everyone!
I'm fairly new to all of this

Just signed up for a few of the airline programs. One of them is Flying Blue because I'm Dutch, and right now it seems I could earn the most miles there for online shopping, as this is more difficult with the foreign programs.

Any more Dutch people around? How do other non-US people maximize their mileage earnings. I've tried to find a thread dedicated to this, but I can't find it just yet.

-x-
Miekz
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Miekz
Hey everyone!
I'm fairly new to all of this

Just signed up for a few of the airline programs. One of them is Flying Blue because I'm Dutch, and right now it seems I could earn the most miles there for online shopping, as this is more difficult with the foreign programs.

Any more Dutch people around? How do other non-US people maximize their mileage earnings. I've tried to find a thread dedicated to this, but I can't find it just yet.

-x-
Miekz
Welcome, Miekz!

I don't think there's a dedicated thread on non-US people maximizing mileage, but I could be wrong--FlyerTalk is a big place, and even someone like me who's been here almost a decade hasn't explored the whole place.

You might find some helpful tips or helpful folks over in the Air France/KLM FlyingBlue forum, though.

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:15 am

new to flyertalk

Hello FlyerTalk team and members...

I am new to FlyerTalk and was wondering how best to start and get to know the site...

Basically I travel alot. I am from Australia and travel alot between Australia / Asia and Europe... I am keen to be kept up to date as people find good ideas and fares across the globe and how I can post any good things I find for others too..

Is there an alert system or something? I could not seem to find it.

Thanks and look forward to being more involved in the site with everyone

Cheers
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Welcome, Miekz!

I don't think there's a dedicated thread on non-US people maximizing mileage, but I could be wrong--FlyerTalk is a big place, and even someone like me who's been here almost a decade hasn't explored the whole place.

You might find some helpful tips or helpful folks over in the Air France/KLM FlyingBlue forum, though.

Hope this helps!
Thanks Jackal!!
I already found this Flying Blue Forum and I've been looking through it. I also found a group called European FT'ers, but not much seems to be happening there.

Off to explore some more

-x- Miekz
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:39 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Miekz
Thanks Jackal!!
I already found this Flying Blue Forum and I've been looking through it. I also found a group called European FT'ers, but not much seems to be happening there.

Off to explore some more

-x- Miekz
The "groups" were a social feature / way to get to know other members that never really took off. I'm not sure if anyone still uses them. Most people stick to "their" airline / hotel forum & then venture over to the travel/dining forums and/or community buzz.

Originally Posted by chriscorben

I am new to FlyerTalk and was wondering how best to start and get to know the site...

Basically I travel alot. I am from Australia and travel alot between Australia / Asia and Europe... I am keen to be kept up to date as people find good ideas and fares across the globe and how I can post any good things I find for others too..

Cheers
Welcome to FT!

On the "My Flyer talk" page, you can see threads/ forums you have subscribed to and setup email notifications.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by chriscorben

Cheers
Welcome to Flyertalk chriscorben

There isn't an alert for fares on FT per say, but check out this forum for our best finds that are shared with the community. Been some crazy activity on there the past couple weeks:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles?
1st timer

Hello, I'm looking for something I can afford but am totally new to this game. I'll be checking prices on last minute flights next and reading up on sites to find the best deals on airfare. Are there any sites that include ALL the airlines? I look forward to future inter actions with the forums! Happy holidays everyone!

ps: current project is affordable flights for 2 adults & 1 14 year old child around the 21st of Dec returning the 1st of Jan idaho falls or boise to mesa, az and back.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drdulttl
Hello, I'm looking for something I can afford but am totally new to this game. I'll be checking prices on last minute flights next and reading up on sites to find the best deals on airfare. Are there any sites that include ALL the airlines? I look forward to future inter actions with the forums! Happy holidays everyone!

ps: current project is affordable flights for 2 adults & 1 14 year old child around the 21st of Dec returning the 1st of Jan idaho falls or boise to mesa, az and back.
Welcome!

Last-minute flights are usually pretty spendy. It pays to book ahead if possible. To get notifications of good deals, one of my personal favorite sites is http://www.theflightdeal.com. They have a pretty good signal-to-noise ratio, where some other sites will send you notifications of deals that I wouldn't consider booking at all.

As for sites that include all airlines, most Online Travel Agencies (OTAs, like Travelocity, Expedia, and Orbitz) as well as some referral sites like Kayak and Hipmunk will search the vast majority of airlines out there with one search. However, Southwest has chosen not to participate in any of these sites, so if you want to check rates on Southwest, you'll need to go to Southwest.com.

How flexible are your dates? Many OTAs (and Kayak) allow you to search multiple dates. Another powerful fare search tool that many FlyerTalkers use is the ITA matrix (http://matrix.itasoftware.com). It's very good at finding fares, but you cannot book through that site--you need to take the information you gain (dates, times, airlines, etc.) and then feed that into an OTA and try to replicate what it finds.

Hope this helps, and we're always here to answer any questions you may have!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hello everybody!
I love travelling and have been flying intensively (mostly for work) for last few years, so am very glad to have finally found this place.
I am mostly looking for good deals on flights so that my husband can come with me - it is way more fun to enjoy places together.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Suncana
Hello everybody!
I love travelling and have been flying intensively (mostly for work) for last few years, so am very glad to have finally found this place.
I am mostly looking for good deals on flights so that my husband can come with me - it is way more fun to enjoy places together.
Welcome! If you need inspiration on where to go on a vacation, check out our Mileage Run Deals forum. If you're looking for some tools to help you find cheap fares for your husband to accompany you on trips you're already taking for work, you might want to check out the Mileage Run Tools thread in that forum--learning how to use them will help you learn how to dig deep to find good fares on any particular itinerary you want!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:13 am

Halo guys...

I am Mainhape ... I'm really new about points and miles...
but in 3 or 4 months I will travel somewhere in Hongkong or Indonesia for sure ..
Hopefully I will get good ticket to go there ...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:09 am

Boda

Love to travel anywhere, anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.