Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

New Member Roll Call!

Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by mainhape
Halo guys...

I am Mainhape ... I'm really new about points and miles...
but in 3 or 4 months I will travel somewhere in Hongkong or Indonesia for sure ..
Hopefully I will get good ticket to go there ...
Welcome to Flyertalk ^

Finally visited HKG this past August myself- definitely a fun experience. However it was summer so a bit warm- hope its cooler for your visit ^
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by bangelo47
Love to travel anywhere, anyway.
Many of us do ^
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: NZ*S
I'm Anthony - not exactly new... I have lurked and read for many years and did once have an FT account. Do you think I can remember my old username or email though?

From New Zealand and I've had a keen interest in aviation since I was little. This interest has now grown to maximising the value I get from flying and my FFPs, hence my membership here.

Cheers
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by antonknee
I'm Anthony - not exactly new... I have lurked and read for many years and did once have an FT account. Do you think I can remember my old username or email though?

From New Zealand and I've had a keen interest in aviation since I was little. This interest has now grown to maximising the value I get from flying and my FFPs, hence my membership here.

Cheers
Welcome...back to Flyertalk ^

If you PM a mod they have access that may be able to restore previous account information. Quite the database there is!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:03 am

Thanks!

Just saw this information desk and think its a great. I had been a long, long time lurker but since I am not really " computer proficient" I never signed up. I have feared asking questions along the way due to my "tech disabilities".

Just wanted to give Flyertalk a big thanks for all the information I have received over the years.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: Kris flyer Gold, Accor Le Club Gold
Hey guys! new here.

i am embarking on a new career which will see me making 4-5 trips every month! Looking forward to joining the ranks of the elite members.....
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Jeanfils
Hey guys! new here.

i am embarking on a new career which will see me making 4-5 trips every month! Looking forward to joining the ranks of the elite members.....
Wow! It'll come pretty quickly, then! Although most on FlyerTalk probably have work pay for a large portion of their travel, some of us aren't blessed with employer-paid travel. You'll have a head start over me!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by kellyperry15
Hi My name is Kelly Perry. I work as consultant in a travel oprating company
Welcome to Flyertalk kellyperry^

Sounds like you have a unique perspective
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:46 pm

*waving* hi everyone! As my name implies, I lurk in the darkness and come out when threatened. lol seriously, this place is huge and I have yet to find my footing. But I love it here. So much that I had to stop lurking altogether. Not to mention, when you're broke, it kind of sucks reading about trips you can't take. Oh wellz. Glad to be here, though and finally saying hi!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lurkgoddess
*waving* hi everyone! As my name implies, I lurk in the darkness and come out when threatened. lol seriously, this place is huge and I have yet to find my footing. But I love it here. So much that I had to stop lurking altogether. Not to mention, when you're broke, it kind of sucks reading about trips you can't take. Oh wellz. Glad to be here, though and finally saying hi!
I've traveled while broke. When you know how to maximize things, you can travel for dirt cheap. You'll get there soon. Welcome!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Hi all, new user checking in.

I'm from Sydney, Aus, and do a fair bit of flying, hoping to learn more about maximising my miles and status...

Cheers all,

Z...
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by BarefootBandit
Hi all, new user checking in.

I'm from Sydney, Aus, and do a fair bit of flying, hoping to learn more about maximising my miles and status...

Cheers all,

Z...
Welcome to Flyertalk Z aka BarefootBandit to Flyertalk ^

Haven't hit SYD yet... but be aware- when you say AUS we think you may be going here
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hello All!! I am FlyingLaw and have only very recently become obsessed with frequently flyer miles and stumbled across this site and immediately joined. What awesome stuff going on here!!!

I am a full-time law student planning on practicing aviation law someday. Been in love with the airline industry all my life an look for ANY excuse to fly somewhere! Based at KDSM and KSGF. Also working on getting a pilots license for myself!

Can't wait for the adventures that await!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
Hello All!! I am FlyingLaw and have only very recently become obsessed with frequently flyer miles and stumbled across this site and immediately joined. What awesome stuff going on here!!!

I am a full-time law student planning on practicing aviation law someday. Been in love with the airline industry all my life an look for ANY excuse to fly somewhere! Based at KDSM and KSGF. Also working on getting a pilots license for myself!

Can't wait for the adventures that await!
Welcome! I have family in the KSGF/KBBG area.

Advice from someone who went for but never finished a PPL--GO FOR IT. Don't let anything stop you.

I think you'll find a lot of kindred spirits here.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM / Hilton Honors DM / Hertz Gold
Hello,

I'm a Delta SkyMiler. It's the only game in town for me, but that's okay. I've had a few bumps over the years but overall they've treated me better than I deserve and continue to do so.

I'm also a Hilton lodger. I've tried most of the big chains but I always come back to Hilton.

I found this site a few months back when I was googling something travel related, so I joined on the spot and check in and lurk periodically.

I thought I was a seasoned traveler until I ran into this site. I hope to learn some ins and outs from you all!

Danny

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.