Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:47 am

Hi all. I've been lurking on FT for at least 15 years, but since I was almost exclusively using threads posted by others to gain information, I guess I never bothered to make an account. I've been flying since I was a baby, but am currently an infrequent flier: I can't afford to fly for leisure, but I've just started (2019) flying occasionally for my job. In the first year, it was only two trips in 12 months, but I'm hoping for that to become more frequent going forward. My first trip of 2020 will be right at the beginning of February, so I'm off to a good start! Because my travel for work is done through the US government, I'm stuck with very little control over itineraries or routing; I can't change outbound routing whatsoever, but I can change the return trip out of my own pocket. I decided to make an account because I'll probably need help strategizing about how to alter my return itineraries in order to tack a little vacation onto the end of each trip.
Old May 3, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: LH M&M, BAEC
Hi there. I'm another long time lurker who has really appreciated the existence of the community and thought it was about time I joined in the conversation. Probably not the greatest of moments to join, but hello anyway!

The lockdown is certainly giving me plenty of opportunity to reflect on how lucky I have been to be able to travel so freely in the past couple of decades, travelling to diverse set of destinations ranging from Asmara to Yangon. Hope to be able to return that in the years ahead.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:52 pm

Thanks for everyone's input. New here
Old May 6, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: h
Hi Im new here.. Its pleasure to be a member of FT,,,
Im an entreprenuer and running an online business
I would like to have true friends here,,,,

Cheers

Are there any young entreprenuers????

Still im nervous Im not able to handle properly my profile
and how to send friend requests and share my business links

Last edited by beckoa; May 9, 2020 at 12:16 am Reason: Merged related threads/consecutive posts
Old May 6, 2020, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Smile

I believe there is an age limit on FT... Smile, just kidding.
Old May 6, 2020, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kanishka Senanayake
Still im nervous Im not able to handle properly my profile
and how to send friend requests and share my business links
FT is not for sharing business links (~spam):- that will get you banned quickly. This is a frequent flyer web site
As a newbie you have very restricted entitlements. With more time and more contributive posts you get more privileges.

https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php
https://www.internetbrands.com/ibter....flyertalk.com
Old May 7, 2020, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You don't need to worry about business links, because that is not what FT is for. It's to share travel information.

As you were told in the other thread you posted (don't duplicate post), FT is not here to pump up your business, but to share travel information. Other than that, welcome to FT!

Last edited by beckoa; May 9, 2020 at 12:20 am Reason: merged consecutive posts after thread merge
Old May 7, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I am young.... well my wife thinks, even though I am almost 59.. my mental age is around 14
smartytravel likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 4:07 pm

Hi all! I've come here off and on for a few years but just actually joined. I travel a TON (100 countries, 7 continents, now road tripping the US), host a podcast called Luxury Travel Insider, and own a travel advising company too (luxury travel focused). I will try to be as helpful as I can if/when you have questions on luxury properties or tour operators as I have personal relationships with many of them. I know I can learn a TON from you all on points and miles though - I'm a total newbie there!
Old Oct 30, 2020, 5:16 pm

FlyingRon here. Former UA Premier but now stuck in Charlotte so it's always American these days.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 7:51 am

Hello!

Hi, just joined and am excited to be here! With covid, haven’t been able to travel much so decided to check out this site. Looking forward to hearing from fellow travel bugs!
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Hi guys! Ok, so maybe I'm not really NEW to FlyerTalk, but I've been away a dozen years, distracted by life, and just getting involved again in this community. Lots of changes here, so I guess I'm as new as the next person except for my join date.

I started off as an AS MVP Gold, challenged into AA Platinum status when I lived in MCO, then ran as a UA 1K.when I moved to DEN. I racked up a bunch of runs in the old CO and US programs, but only ever attained lowest elite tier on DL. Having relocated back to SEA, and after years of casual flying, my status is limited to my lifetime with AA and AS MVP, but I guess that's not too bad considering the whole Covid fiasco. My goal is probably going to be to move up the AS hierarchy, although I have a very long way to go. I'm visiting friends near DCA this weekend, have a meeting in BOS and visiting family in ORD next week, and running to MCO the following week, followed by Thanksgiving in LAS, so I hope to pick up a few more miles before years end.

If anyone is ever in need of a MR buddy out of SEA, I've renewed my passport and Global Entry, so I'm ready to run international on weekends, etc.
psusaver likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 7:12 am

Hello,everyone!

I'm new here.. Its pleasure to be a member of FT.
I would like to have true friends here.
Still I'm nervous Im not able to handle properly my profile.

I hope to find someone who can supply me the scrapped igniter plugs, and I hope to meet everyone in the later journey.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:09 am

I'm new and my profile needs work. I have traveled quite a bit in my previous jobs and now I'm in a role where I travel less (mainly for fun at this point vs business) and I miss it! Always loved and appreciated this site and decided to dive in. EWR is my hub.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
This is where the New Member Roll Call thread is, I thought I saw it but couldn't find the forum is was in..
I normally don't travel by air but I still have certain places I need to go to so having a major airport nearby is useful.
I don't use LAX to fly into Mexico because there's no point in doing so when I can drive into Mexico or use CBX to walk into TIJ.

Thank you NantucketGirl for bumping it up!

Last edited by i0wnj00; Mar 20, 2021 at 11:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.