Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone in India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Show me the points!
iPhone in India

What's the best way to use my unlocked iPhone in India for a month? Prepaid Vodafone? Which plan is the best?

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:24 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by nichojo
What's the best way to use my unlocked iPhone in India for a month? Prepaid Vodafone? Which plan is the best?

Thanks!
Use it as a regular phone and you'll be fine. Or hook it up to wifi in hotels, coffee shops etc.

Indian cellphone networks currently have only 2g / edge, you need 3g for an iphone to work as advertised.

Prepaid vodafone is as good a 2g as any.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:13 am
Original Poster

I just found this:

http://www.vodafone.in/newusers/whyv...s.aspx?cid=mum

I guess I'll just get a pretty standard small voice prepaid package and then tack on the prepaid data plan for iPhone. Does that sound right?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Its a nice data plan and its a 3g device they have there - but the connection you get is still 2G (GPRS / EDGE) so slow as hell.

Originally Posted by nichojo
I just found this:

http://www.vodafone.in/newusers/whyv...s.aspx?cid=mum

I guess I'll just get a pretty standard small voice prepaid package and then tack on the prepaid data plan for iPhone. Does that sound right?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hserus
Its a nice data plan and its a 3g device they have there - but the connection you get is still 2G (GPRS / EDGE) so slow as hell.

Gotcha... I guess I'll live Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
i used mine (US Plan via AT&T) in India last month and the connectivity in Delhi and Bangalore was both pretty reasonable. I was doing data (Email and browsing) via the network and wifi and both worked fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.