Wiki Posts
Search

DEL hotel deals?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, 9W Silver, UA, HHonors
DEL hotel deals?

I'm flying into Delhi on Saturday and will be there for a few days and am looking for any current deals if anyone knows of any? I usually stay near CP as a reference point, but any deals and steals to give me the most bang for my buck is much appreciated!
Old May 27, 2009, 3:48 pm

i dont do hotels in india....i usually hit up guest houses...they can be quite the bargain vs the big shot chains...
Old May 27, 2009, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skierpony
I'm flying into Delhi on Saturday and will be there for a few days and am looking for any current deals if anyone knows of any? I usually stay near CP as a reference point, but any deals and steals to give me the most bang for my buck is much appreciated!
Are you flying on the AA/ORD-DEL flight by any chance?
Old May 28, 2009, 5:01 am

What exactly is a guest house? When I hear that term I think of those horrific bed and breakfast places in US where you rent a bedroom in someone's private house.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
What exactly is a guest house? When I hear that term I think of those horrific bed and breakfast places in US where you rent a bedroom in someone's private house.
You're not too far off the mark. See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...new-delhi.html
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
I'll be there this Saturday-Tuesday and am staying at a place called Hotel Ajanta (supposedly in the center of town, near the train station) for about $20/night. Online reviews seem generally very good, but I'll have no idea what the place is really like until I arrive. You might check them out if you're willing to take a chance.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 5:17 am

Programs: EY Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
What did you think of the ~Ajanta Hotel? Just got into this thread a bit late but frpom what i have heard its not a very good place to stay!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by rahularora1
What did you think of the ~Ajanta Hotel? Just got into this thread a bit late but frpom what i have heard its not a very good place to stay!
i would not suggest staying in any hotel in delhi other than reputed chains. Standards can vary greatly and safety is always an issue.

if i remember right this ajanta is around Dariyaganj area and definitely not safe.

I would suggest paying a bit more and staying at a reputed/chain/rated hotel. The Oberoi Maidens in north Delhi has decent deals for a 4/5 star hotel
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by skierpony
Would you consider buying 5000 Priority Club points and using those points to book the Crowne Plaza Gurgaon hotel? That can be done for under $70 per night quite easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.