Search

overnight AI connection at Delhi

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
overnight AI connection at Delhi

I'm taking advantage of a pretty good Air India business-class fare from Italy to Sydney, which cropped up in the Premium Fares thread. Going out I'm stopping off in India, coming back there's an overnight connection - with no faster one possible.

Question is if AI routinely offers a hotel on their International-international connections. I've seen references to these being grudgingly given after something of a fight, and wondered if i should ready myself for that,

The deal:
AI - MIL-SYD/MEL - 1874 EUR / $2022 USD r/t - Business
Old May 14, 2024, 7:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The fares rules used to say that a hotel is provided. Before the pandemic it was the airside transit hotel in T3.
Old May 16, 2024, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Question is if AI routinely offers a hotel on their International-international connections. I've seen references to these being grudgingly given after something of a fight, and wondered if i should ready myself for that,

The deal:
AI - MIL-SYD/MEL - 1874 EUR / $2022 USD r/t - Business
That's a pretty decent fare.

If the fare rules say a hotel will be provided then you will get one without a fight. If it doesn't then you can fight all you want, AI won't give you anything.
Old May 16, 2024, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
That's a pretty decent fare.

If the fare rules say a hotel will be provided then you will get one without a fight. If it doesn't then you can fight all you want, AI won't give you anything.

The few remaining carriers that continue to offer accommodation on long connections usually cover this in (often hard to find) protocols outside the fare rules, defining which conditions, which fare classes and even what minimum fares entitle passengers to the service. I was hoping this was the case with Air India.

Interpretation of the rules governing the behaviour of (example) Turkish and Qatar in this respect occupy large threads in those airline forums.
Old May 16, 2024, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The few remaining carriers that continue to offer accommodation on long connections usually cover this in (often hard to find) protocols outside the fare rules, defining which conditions, which fare classes and even what minimum fares entitle passengers to the service. I was hoping this was the case with Air India.

Interpretation of the rules governing the behaviour of (example) Turkish and Qatar in this respect occupy large threads in those airline forums.
AI is pretty stingy. Its a task getting them to do what is mentioned in the T&C.
Old May 28, 2024, 6:17 pm

Would IAN-UK please come back and tell us how his flight went as well as what happened to the layover hotel? Did AI spring for it, or, as Keyser mentioned, has the animal not changed its stripes (or spots), a new owner notwithstanding?
Old May 31, 2024, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puchong
Would IAN-UK please come back and tell us how his flight went as well as what happened to the layover hotel? Did AI spring for it, or, as Keyser mentioned, has the animal not changed its stripes (or spots), a new owner notwithstanding?
I would, but I'm now hopping out of the return part my itinerary at Delhi, with a separate ticket home from Mumbai. Initial contact with Air India's call centre was dispiriting with the suggestion everything would be taken care of by the DEL team on the day. The agent asked me to fill in a form requesting information, available on the website. I'm afraid I gave up when I saw the form required the upload of a copy of my passport's ID page. Life is too short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.