Search

Just to be different - an Ahmedabad hotel question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Just to be different - an Ahmedabad hotel question

I'm racking up visits to new cities. Last month Amritsar, next week Ahmedabad - where I've been offered the Crowne Plaza or the DoubleTree. Neither has a FT profile. I'll be there for a week so I'd like to get it right - any comments (even if they involve insisting on another hotel) ? I'm guessing both places are comfortable, and both fit my status-driven choices, but I value properties where there are things to do and see close by, and places to see/eat at.

Cheers, Ian
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I've been staying at the ITC Narmada as of late on all my Ahmedabad trips & would definitely recommend it.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta
Crowne Plaza is fine, as is the (older - there are 2 now) Courtyard Marriott in my experience. Comfortable enough. ITC Narmada - haven't stayed there but dined there (good &#128077, seems fine but definitely up-market from the Crowne Plaza or Courtyards.
I think you will find that none of these properties have "things to do" on premises really, nor particularly close by. In Ahmedabad, it seems that you will need to get to where you want to see or do things separate from where you stay. It's not a particularly walkable city either, in my experience. So just plan on staying in one place and going to see the things you want to see somewhere else, which means driving there as the most practical choice.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Thanks @Keyser and @Bandicoot for the comments.

I usually relish the opportunity to visit new places, but for some reason Ahmedabad leaves me cold.
I'm sure it's a fine place and I'll end up loving it. Well, we'll see .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.