Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel near DEL Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2024, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb Hotel near DEL Airport

Hello, is there any hotel at or near DEL airport which is walkable? I'll be landing there close to midnight so need a good hotel near by and next morning I can get a taxi to go to relatives house. Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jamesbondc
Hello, is there any hotel at or near DEL airport which is walkable? I'll be landing there close to midnight so need a good hotel near by and next morning I can get a taxi to go to relatives house. Thanks.
The Holiday Inn Express is in the terminal.
jamesbondc likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
The Holiday Inn Express is in the terminal.
Not sure if the OP can book a room there as it is intended for connections Domestic<->International and the OP is looking at visiting a relative the next morning. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a couple of times and each time the hotel asked for my connection flight details. Not sure if the requirement for a connection within 24 hours is still in force.
jamesbondc likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle
Not sure if the OP can book a room there as it is intended for connections Domestic<->International and the OP is looking at visiting a relative the next morning. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a couple of times and each time the hotel asked for my connection flight details. Not sure if the requirement for a connection within 24 hours is still in force.
You may be right. I seem to recall a relative staying there for the night after arriving from an international flight even though he was leaving for Agra by road early the following morning. I believe the requirement was that only 1 night stays were allowed.

The OP can always email the hotel to ask.

If this property is not an option then the closest would be Aerocity. There are dozens of hotels there & its only a 5 minute drive from the airport.
jamesbondc likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

For taxi next day, is Uber the best option or any other local app is better?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Uber works fine in Delhi. Note that it occasionaly doesn't accept international credit cards.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesbondc
For taxi next day, is Uber the best option or any other local app is better?
Ola is another option besides Uber. But at the end of the day neither is better or worse than the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.