Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Implications of Airalo / Holafly ban in India?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Implications of Airalo / Holafly ban in India?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2024, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Keyser
This is probably what happened. I do a lot of work for Airtel & I know for a fact that they are not happy with the likes of Flexiroam, Airalo, etc..
Would be interesting if it backfired by giving Airalo and the likes more business because now people will be tempted to sign up for bigger data packages when visiting India so as not to have to run out and recharge while in India, which seems to be the real obstacle created by the new regulation.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 9:30 am

Programs: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Originally Posted by Keyser
This is probably what happened. I do a lot of work for Airtel & I know for a fact that they are not happy with the likes of Flexiroam, Airalo, etc.

I can easily see all big names like Jio & Airtel & Vi ganging up to try & put a stop to this.
I reckon that none of the operators are happy with the eSIM providers, not just these three.
i thought that had to remove their apps and were blocked because of KYC (know your customer). Hardly any eSIM aggregator require info about their users. I expect that customer details are mandatory due to the reasons mentioned above. Question is whether other countries will follow or whether Airalo and others would ask they customers to provide personal info.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 9:35 am

Programs: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Originally Posted by Bandicoot
Will an eSIM acquired outside India continue to work in India if access to Airalo servers is blocked? I suppose it may be impossible to top-up or renew such an eSIM while in India even if it works while it has validity.
Does the ban apply to data-only eSIMs? (And if not, will the blocking be specific to eSIMs that provide phone numbers?)
I am going there next month and plan to buy an eSIM. Will report back here how it went

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.