Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voltage converter question for phone

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Question Voltage converter question for phone

Hello Seniors, do I need to buy a voltage converter to charge my phone Google Pixel 8 I bought in US, when I visit India? I think laptop adaptor probably don't need it. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:53 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Your phone's/laptop/device charging block should have an input voltage range marked on it. If it said 110-240v you do not need a voltage converter. You will need a plug adapter

Anker (and others) sell multi-device charging blocks that handle 110-240 input voltage range. You could pick one of those up and save the weight of carrying two separate blocks. ofc, check that the block will charge your laptop and phone
jamesbondc likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Most, if not all, phone & laptop chargers are 110-240v so there is no need to get a voltage converter.
jamesbondc likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:43 am

^^ what they said. I haven't seen a phone or laptop charger that wasn't 100-240V in at least 10 years if not 15.

Also, the majority of Indian hotels that foreign tourists would find themselves in have "universal" outlets that will fit Indian, UK, European and North American plugs. If you're coming from the U.S. it's not a bad idea to carry a 2-prong "europlug" adapter (which will fit well enough in the 6A "small" Indian outlet), but you likely won't need it.
jamesbondc likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

I have a little powerbank which came with my phone which I bought in US. Can I charge it in India with same charger I will be charging my phone with or does that require any voltage converter? Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Same answer as before: look at your charger, it'll say what voltage it can be used with. And you might need an adapter for Indian plugs.
jamesbondc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.