Reload this Page >

Destinations

Asia

India

Singled out for RT PCR test on arrival

Old May 13, 22, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite, American Platinum, Lufthansa Miles & More, Amtrak

I landed in Chennai last night (JFK-SIN-MAA). I was singled out for the random 2% inspection upon exiting the airport and a saliva sample was collected. I had no symptoms and my air suvidha form clearly indicated that I had my vaccinations.

How long does it take for them to get back to me with the result?
They sent a message to my dad's india phone with the specimen collection form where I see several mistakes (spelling of last name, age, vaccination status). Do I need to correct this? If so, how?

Thanks
Old May 14, 22, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
No need to do anything. I know people who didn't receive their results for weeks. If the result is positive then they will get in touch with you immediately. If not then just forget about it.
hdoraisamy likes this.
Old May 14, 22, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite, American Platinum, Lufthansa Miles & More, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
No need to do anything. I know people who didn't receive their results for weeks. If the result is positive then they will get in touch with you immediately. If not then just forget about it.
Thank you! I was wondering why nobody was getting back to me.
Old May 17, 22, 1:26 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, UA - 1K, UK - PLT
No news is good news philosophy..
Old May 20, 22, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by galaticos View Post
No news is good news philosophy..
I agree - especially when it comes to this I expect to know the results once I have left India
Old May 20, 22, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hdoraisamy View Post
I expect to know the results once I have left India
That is expecting way too much. I have still not received results from tests that were conducted over 6 months ago.
quarryking and hdoraisamy like this.

Search this Thread