Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Goa/GOI to the USA - covid testing question/experience with QR

Old May 16, 2022, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Covid test in Goa/Goi questions.
My family has a return trip in 6/22 from Goi-Ord. We are all vaccinated. CDC rule says '24hrs' before flight need to be testing negative. Our flights are early sunday morning so we need to complete test on saturday morning.
Can someone who travelled recently on the above rout share your experience? Last nov/dec victor hospital was charging Rs.2000 for RT-PCR, is the rate same?
Trying to plan for any backup plans etc. Is QR ok with antigen test or they insists on RT-PCR cause per CDC either are ok.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:52 pm

The Victor hospital RT-PCR test was Rs. 2430 last November, the antigen test was Rs. 580. There was also a rapid RT-PCR test lab in the parking garage of the Goa airport, it was set up when the UAE had those crazy multiple covid tests within 6 hours... requirement. not sure if it's still running now that the UAE no longer makes you do that.

I don't see why QR would insist on RT-PCR tests. Doha & QR do not require testing for transit thought Doha so it's just the US/CDC requirement that has to be fulfilled. Maybe you should call them and ask? If you are really concerned about it, I would do both tests anyway just in case. You can get the results of an antigen test in a few minutes if you do the test at the Margao hospital. The RT-PCR results generally take under 6 hours, but they've taken ~36 hours for me once.

Has QR resumed their Goa Doha flight?
Old May 17, 2022, 12:12 am

What a ripoff. I have never paid more than Rs 950 and most recently it was Rs 500 for RTPCR (in Kolkata, not Goa).

Antigen test is fine, they may say RTPCR but will accept any test.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
What a ripoff. I have never paid more than Rs 950 and most recently it was Rs 500 for RTPCR (in Kolkata, not Goa).

Antigen test is fine, they may say RTPCR but will accept any test.
Yes, i totally agree with you it is major ripoff. Imagine when you have a family of 5 or more travelling.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GMOChicken
The Victor hospital RT-PCR test was Rs. 2430 last November, the antigen test was Rs. 580. There was also a rapid RT-PCR test lab in the parking garage of the Goa airport, it was set up when the UAE had those crazy multiple covid tests within 6 hours... requirement. not sure if it's still running now that the UAE no longer makes you do that.

I don't see why QR would insist on RT-PCR tests. Doha & QR do not require testing for transit thought Doha so it's just the US/CDC requirement that has to be fulfilled. Maybe you should call them and ask? If you are really concerned about it, I would do both tests anyway just in case. You can get the results of an antigen test in a few minutes if you do the test at the Margao hospital. The RT-PCR results generally take under 6 hours, but they've taken ~36 hours for me once.

Has QR resumed their Goa Doha flight?
Thank you very much for your feedback. Yes they have resumed Goa-Doha flight. I will try to find out more details. Plan to do antigen test as of now.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Antigen tests are fine at larger airports but I have heard of people facing problems at smaller airport. Last week I was flying IXD-DEL & there was an argument going on at the next check-in counter for a passenger flying IXD-DEL-ORD. They were not willing to accept the antigen test & he was tying to explain to them that it was allowed. I didn't hang around long enough to find out what happened in the end.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
What a ripoff.
We compensate with lower prices for other essentials. A Corona is only Rs 100, and you can get a bottle of decent scotch for under Rs 4,000. It all evens out.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:02 am

Updated prices for Victor Hospital; as of today (5/24/22) the RT-PCR test is Rs 1,400 and the Antigen test is Rs 250.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.