Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Domestic first class options?

Old Jun 26, 19, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Platinum Elite

Planning a trip to India in March 2020 including several domestic flights. I'm surprised that it seems there are few options for first class on domestic carriers. Air India has a separate first cabin on a few of their domestic flights but not the majority it seems. IndiGo appears to have no option. SpiceJet has an "extra leg room" option they call SpiceMax which looks like it's just the exit row and the front/bulkhead row with extra luggage and food. GoAir offers a "European business class" option called GoBusiness at the front of the cabin with the middle seat blocked on otherwise ordinary economy-style seats with extra luggage allowance and food included.

Are there any other viable options I'm missing? Any thoughts on the SpiceJet or the GoAir offerings? Currently planning to fly DEL-BOM-COK-DEL over the course of 7-9 days. Thanks in advance!

[ON EDIT] Just found Vistara. Doesn't have a great network but certainly appears to have a legitimate First class product on their domestic flights. May change around our travel plans based on their schedules and routes.

Last edited by Brucemcdou; Jun 26, 19 at 5:37 pm
Old Jun 27, 19, 5:49 am

Programs: Shangri-La Jade, Best Western Diamond, Hilton Gold
Your observations are largely correct. Air India & Vistara are the full service carriers, having business class up front; though not on all routes. I'd rate Air India as 6/10 and Vistara as 8/10 for the product.

The other options (Spicejet, GoAir) are pseudo offerings as you rightly pointed out.
Old Jun 27, 19, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Your observations are largely correct. Air India & Vistara are the full service carriers, having business class up front; though not on all routes. I'd rate Air India as 6/10 and Vistara as 8/10 for the product.

The other options (Spicejet, GoAir) are pseudo offerings as you rightly pointed out.
Thank you Deovrat - that's what it looked like. I was sort of hoping I had missed an option but we'll work with these options.

Happy Travels!
Old Jun 28, 19, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
all the flights you are looking to take are around the 2 hour mark so either uk or ai would work for their business class product....uk would be my preferred option but there is nothing wrong with ai as well for these short flights....

the rest are all lcc airlines & i would avoid spice jet....either go air or indigo are perfectly fine....
Old Jul 31, 19, 9:14 pm

Many airlines taken Jetairways flight so the intercity business class opportunity increased. But there are no first class in India. Flight is very cheap here and maximum flying time at a stretch is 3 hours. I am from Cochin , any help anyone can reach me
Old Jul 31, 19, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by luxveritate View Post
Many airlines taken Jetairways flight so the intercity business class opportunity increased. But there are no first class in India. Flight is very cheap here and maximum flying time at a stretch is 3 hours. I am from Cochin , any help anyone can reach me
when someone from the u.s. says 'first class' for domestic travel then what they really mean is 'business class' in most other regions of the world....in the u.s. domestic airlines offer economy (some offer premium economy) & first class....there is no business class....

Search this Thread