Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

What is a decent fare for UDR/BOM in November?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat

We are looking to fly from udaipur to Mumbai on a weekend in November. Currently the one way fares are showing little over INR 4,000. Seems quite high. Is this normal for the time of year or will the prices drop closer to the date? Would like to know how soon to buy ...

Thank you for any insights!!!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
We are looking to fly from udaipur to Mumbai on a weekend in November. Currently the one way fares are showing little over INR 4,000. Seems quite high. Is this normal for the time of year or will the prices drop closer to the date? Would like to know how soon to buy ...

Thank you for any insights!!!
i've seen them for around inr 2,500....wait to see if fares go down....
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Thanks will do. Fares are lower July and August so was wondering if it had to do with the peak tourist season.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
Thanks will do. Fares are lower July and August so was wondering if it had to do with the peak tourist season.
could be....but i would keep checking....
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:49 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
INR 4k (~ USD 55) ow seems very reasonable to me for a circa 2 hour flight in the middle of peak tourist / festival season IMHO.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: Thai Airways
If you have flown with any airlines that fly this route you can check their promotions that are sent to phone no/ e mail address (if you have flown them before) or do so on web. Probably these sell out quickly.

I don't think that the price you quote is expensive - several of my staff travelled to and from Mumbai, Bangalore and other locations in india to Udaipur and Jaipur many times last year and I don't think any fare was less than 4k 1 way including add ons, some mandatory; ocasionally 15 k from or to Kolkata. Also you have to consider whether it is worth saving a few INR and having less time in Mumbai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.