Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Cleartrip multicity protection?

Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

What exactly does Cleartrip mean when they say they have designed a multi-city itinerary by combining multiple one-way flight tickets?

I am considering the following multi-city itinerary:
Leg 1) JFK-KBP-DEL on PS
5 hours in DEL
Leg 2) DEL-HYD on 6E
[unusual but please don't ask why]

Can I check in luggage at JFK all the way to HYD? If I miss the connection in DEL (5 hours), is Cleartrip or Ukraine Airlines responsible for putting me on the next flight to HYD?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
6E is a low cost airline which doesn't interline. So no checkthru of luggage and no protection whatsoever from PS. Cleartrip will give you some marketing BS, but if you miss your 6E flight in DEL you probably have to first pay the fresh ticket on your own and fight it out with Cleratrip later.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hyderago
What exactly does Cleartrip mean when they say they have designed a multi-city itinerary by combining multiple one-way flight tickets?

I am considering the following multi-city itinerary:
Leg 1) JFK-KBP-DEL on PS
5 hours in DEL
Leg 2) DEL-HYD on 6E
[unusual but please don't ask why]

Can I check in luggage at JFK all the way to HYD? If I miss the connection in DEL (5 hours), is Cleartrip or Ukraine Airlines responsible for putting me on the next flight to HYD?
keep in mind that you will have to change terminals in del....5 hours is more than enough time to do so but i would consider flying either ai or uk on the del-hyd sector....this way all your flights will be out of the same terminal....
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also PS is likely to be delayed into DEL due to the AFPAK airspace closure...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Very helpful, thanks to oliver2002 and Keyser. This routing doesn't seem worth the headache. I'll take another route.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
6E is a low cost airline which doesn't interline. So no checkthru of luggage and no protection whatsoever from PS. Cleartrip will give you some marketing BS, but if you miss your 6E flight in DEL you probably have to first pay the fresh ticket on your own and fight it out with Cleratrip later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.