Kolkata slums

Old Apr 27, 19, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, HH SILVER, SPG LT PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Kolkata slums

Dear Indian and international fiends,
I am professionally active in the project Funding sector.
On our way to Kerala for vacation coming August (we live in Luxembourg / Europe), I would like to spend one day with my wife and 15Y old daughter (both active and engaged in the social sector) in a Kolkata slum in order to help, share with children, donate of our time and energy.
I would like this day to be well prepared, both for the local people as well as for ourselves.
Any idea of a good reliable local foundation / Organization with whom we can prepare this very special day ?
Thanks for your assistance
Old Apr 27, 19, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any particular reason why you picked kolkata????
Old Apr 27, 19, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, HH SILVER, SPG LT PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
any particular reason why you picked kolkata????
Definitely because of Mother Teresa. And also, because we are interested in visiting this city
Old Apr 27, 19, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by geilux View Post
Definitely because of Mother Teresa. And also, because we are interested in visiting this city
got it....most people typically visit the slums in mumbai....
Old Apr 27, 19, 10:39 am

Programs: QR: Plat; Marriott: Amb; UA: Plat; Taj: Silv
I spent 10 years working in the slums in Kolkata. PM me if you want to chat in more detail.
Old Apr 29, 19, 4:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can just show up to volunteer at 3 days a week (Mo/We/Fr) at Sishu Bhawan. https://www.motherteresa.org/volunte...f-charity.html

The MoC is very used to westerners showing up to volunteer and handle it nicely. The centralisation of the registration was organised to control the flow. In peak season dozens of volunteers showed up at the Kalighat facility each morning totally blocking the place. Curiously Kalighat with the hospice for the destitue & dying is the most popular...
Old May 1, 19, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Shounak View Post
I spent 10 years working in the slums in Kolkata. PM me if you want to chat in more detail.
Why PM ? Why not leave it out in the forum, surely that's helpful if someone in future has a similar query ?

Search this Thread