Mumbai hotel options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mumbai hotel options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Shangri-la Gold, Taj Gold, Krisflyer Gold, BA Gold
Mumbai hotel options

Any reviews on the Taj Mahal Palace Towers ?

Other options am considering are one of the ITC Hotels (now part of Marriott) or the Hilton Airport hotel
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Go with Taj you wont be dissapointed.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Shangri-la Gold, Taj Gold, Krisflyer Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by gametitans
Go with Taj you wont be dissapointed.
which ones did u stay in
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Perfect Service - Less than perfect website: Taj M. Palace, Mumbai
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
taj mahal palace. the service is spot on!!!!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
how many days are you staying in mumbai & is there any particular area you need to be in????distances in mumbai can take an extremely long time to cover....
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Just a leisure trip so no restrictions whatsoever
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Kingboomer
Just a leisure trip so no restrictions whatsoever
don't stay near the airport....the taj is great but will be the most expensive of the lot....the itc grand central is a good choice as well & so is the st. regis....i end up spending 20+ nights a year between these 2 properties....
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
don't stay near the airport....the taj is great but will be the most expensive of the lot....the itc grand central is a good choice as well & so is the st. regis....i end up spending 20+ nights a year between these 2 properties....

wow. then you are just the right person to speak to. Could u highlight your experience in both - also how would do they recognize Plats?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wow. then you are just the right person to speak to. Could u highlight your experience in both - also how would do they recognize Plats?
the st. regis is great with plat recognition & is the better of the two properties....its attached to a couple of malls so there are lots of shopping & eating options in the area....the itc is a bit stingy with upgrades but they have a fantastic lounge with great views of the city....the itc also tends to be a little cheaper....

you can't go wrong with either but i would give a slight edge to the st. regis....
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
the st. regis is great with plat recognition & is the better of the two properties....its attached to a couple of malls so there are lots of shopping & eating options in the area....the itc is a bit stingy with upgrades but they have a fantastic lounge with great views of the city....the itc also tends to be a little cheaper....

you can't go wrong with either but i would give a slight edge to the st. regis....
thanks a lot. Will look into it
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Kingboomer - it was my review of the Taj Mahal Palace that was linked in post #4 above. That was one of my better hotel experiences, and you can't beat the history and the location. That said it sounds as if you are more focused on properties that are part of a larger group (i.e., St. Regis). Good luck in your search
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
I am the outlier but I found the Taj Mahal Palace to be highly underwhelming. I am heading back to BOM in December and looking to stay elsewhere.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I am the outlier but I found the Taj Mahal Palace to be highly underwhelming. I am heading back to BOM in December and looking to stay elsewhere.
I ended up staying at the ITC Grand Central. Superb plat recognition. Got the presidential suite
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
I ended up staying at the ITC Grand Central. Superb plat recognition. Got the presidential suite
I will keep it in mind, thx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.