Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ridiculous WiFi system at Mumbai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Ridiculous WiFi system at Mumbai

I wasn't getting a SMS code on my international number and was directed to the guest services and was told presently it doesn't work for many countries including Canadian number? The agent gave me a wifi user and password which was good for only 25 minutes, in order to use more you need premium wifi for Tata Docomo. To actually buy this you can only use PAYTM and other means so no credit card or anything else. Anyways I tried to buy premium WiFi with a paytm account but in order to buy Premium WiFi you already need to be connected to the internet which pretty much defeats the entire purpose kind of like the chicken and egg question.

The airport desk agent gave me a clueless look and said this is the only way.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this problem has been around for a while....a while back a colleague of mine was not getting the sms on his international number so he asked the guest services agent what to do....the agent agreed to get the sms delivered on his phone & gave the code to my colleague....sometimes if you have a helpful agent then they can do that for you....but in general i agree that this is a stupid system....
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA
If you have access to a lounge, they can usually take care of this for you.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:18 pm

just go to the information desk and ask for wifi access and they will take you passport photo copy and provide you 45min wifi.if you wish you can purchase at the information desk for premium wifi
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:58 am

yes i have experience it several times, its almost worst and speed sucks alot. But i always travel with my Portable Wifi of Jio.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Bhairavi
yes i have experience it several times, its almost worst and speed sucks alot. But i always travel with my Portable Wifi of Jio.
i have the jio wifi as well but unfortunately it doesn't help....coverage is poor both at the delhi & mumbai airports....
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i have the jio wifi as well but unfortunately it doesn't help....coverage is poor both at the delhi & mumbai airports....
that's sad, it's shame for us that we have internet connectivity issues that too in Airport's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.