Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

November Itinerary Help

November Itinerary Help

Old Jan 9, 19, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

November Itinerary Help

Hello.

I'm in the beginning stages of planning my solo trip to India for a few days. I'm wondering whats the most efficient route with little time that I have.

Arriving in Delhi, Wednesday, November 27th at 12:30am.
Find hotel near New Delhi Train station, sleep for a few hours
November 27th - Train to Agra at 6:00am
Overnight in Agra
November 28th - Taj Mahal for sunrise, rent a private driver to Jaipurwith stops in Chand Baori Step Well and Fatehpur Sikri
Overnight in Jaipur
November 29th - Overnight in Jaipur
November 30th - Should I take the train back and spend the day in Delhi? Or stay in Jaipur a little longer take the latest flight back to Delhi and stay at the airport til my flight at 4am.
Dec 1st - Fly home at 4am

Would the reverse itinerary make more sense?
Arrive in Delhi, stay near airport and take first flight out to Jaipur. At the end, I would just train it back to Delhi on November 30th.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Jan 10, 19, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
that's a pretty short trip....there is lots to see in & around jaipur as well as in delhi itself....one day in delhi won't be enough so i would suggest spending the extra day in jaipur instead....
Old Jan 10, 19, 11:33 am

Moving around India can be a hassle. And there's a great deal to see in and around Delhi, far more than in Jaipur. My own suggestion, and a very strong suggestion, would be to see just Delhi and Agra on this short trip.
Old Jan 12, 19, 11:11 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I agree with what others have posted that this trip seems short to see all three cities. I don't know how well you travel, but arriving at 12:30am, going through immigration, getting to your hotel, and having to get up for a 6am train would be very tiring for me.

I am assuming you're planning on taking the 6am Shatabdi, which should get you into Agra by 8am, giving you a full day to explore the city (if you're not tired), which should be enough IMO. I would definitely recommend spending at least 2 full (as full as possible) days in Jaipur, as there is so much to see in the city and in the surrounding area.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: