Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

SEA-DXB-VTZ

SEA-DXB-VTZ

Old Oct 9, 18, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

SEA-DXB-VTZ

Traveling with small children, I am trying to minimize the stops. Emirates flies the SEA-DXB segment and Air India flies the DXB-VTZ segment (with a stop in HYD, but I do not need to change the flight). I know Emirates and Air India do not have code share, but is there a way to get this ticket from a travel agent or some third party websites?
Old Oct 9, 18, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
When I search on flights.google.com forSEA-VTZ return some random dates, it shows the EK and AI combination which you can purchase throug Priceline, Orbitz, and so on:
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...33*.USD.163233
Old Oct 9, 18, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Oops.. My mistake.. I didn't notice that it is EK all the way from SEA to HYD. Maybe you can play around with specifying a Multi-City combination of SEA-DXB-VTZ to get the desired combination.
Old Oct 10, 18, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by whtmyid View Post
Traveling with small children, I am trying to minimize the stops. Emirates flies the SEA-DXB segment and Air India flies the DXB-VTZ segment (with a stop in HYD, but I do not need to change the flight). I know Emirates and Air India do not have code share, but is there a way to get this ticket from a travel agent or some third party websites?
travel agents will easily be able to ticket something like this for you....
Old Oct 10, 18, 11:09 am

emirates stopped transferring your baggage to Air India since 2015,i was advised by the emirates people at the dxb that is the last time they would be transferring my baggage to air india from next time i in person i had to collect and drop off again at air india desk.i dont know about hte present situation but i wouldn't recommend that travel plan.but i heard travel agents also stopped doing this booking(my dad tried to book but the agent refused said he cant do that those days are gone).may be other travel agents might do.
Old Oct 10, 18, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by rajeevtelu View Post
emirates stopped transferring your baggage to Air India since 2015,i was advised by the emirates people at the dxb that is the last time they would be transferring my baggage to air india from next time i in person i had to collect and drop off again at air india desk..
This would be a definite deal breaker.. thanks for the info.
Old Oct 11, 18, 9:46 am

We are traveling with a 4 year old SFO-SIN-VTZ. SFO-SIN-VTZ is very convenient on Singapore Airlines on their non-stop morning flight SFO-SIN with a short layover in SIN before connecting to SilkAir for SIN-VTZ. They are adding a second non-stop SFO-SIN flight soon, but that flight would result in a 12 hour layover in Singapore. (Sightseeing / long layover in SIN is not a bad idea with little kids, IMO). Could that be an option for you, even though there's an extra stop in the US? You could purchase a single ticket and check your bags all the way through.

Net net, you cannot get to VTZ from SEA in less than 2 stops (one here in the US or in India plus one in the Airline's hub), but you can minimize inter-terminal / inter-airline transfers and associated hassles. I personally like the idea of flying directly into VTZ in India vs. transferring in HYD/BOM/BLR/DEL.

Last edited by zeebanker; Oct 12, 18 at 6:40 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: