Kochin or Thiruvananthapuram

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze

I'm doing a trip combining a visit to the Maldives and India. On the way to Male, I have a choice between both of those cities since they both have direct flights to Male. So I would stay 2 nights in either Kochin or Thiruvananthapuram. Which would you recommend visiting?

Bonus points if you have any recommendations for great food there
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
what time of the year are you traveling????
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
In december. It would be around December 20th.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
then either place would be nice....but if i had to chose then i would go with thiruvananthapuram....i would recommend the leela for both hotel & food....great property & excellent food....
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Either city is fine.

In TRV the Leela has a great seafront property and I'd highly recommend one of the villa rooms in the garden area as they have hammocks and verandas with chairs. This property is great for relaxation.They also have a great buffet by the pool in the main building. If your interest is the city and seeing that you are a Hilton Diamond, I'd highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn close to many of the government offices. I've been always upgraded to their suite which is outstanding. In addition the property also has a great buffet. You'll be in the heart of the city and easy to get to shopping areas. I suspect that you'll want to be in the city as you'll probably want to spend most of your beach time in the Maldives.

Regarding COK the place I prefer is the Taj Malabar with a waterfront room, or alternatively the waterfront Le Méridien. At the Taj you are close to the Fort Kochi historic area, the spice market, the Chinese fishing nets, and the historic Jewish area. If your interest is shopping I'd recommend the Marriott adjacent to the Lulu mall.

I've stayed at each of these places multiple times and like them all and they all have great buffets.

Last edited by ROW2Aisle; Sep 29, 2018 at 10:16 pm Reason: minor typo error
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:50 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
How is the Hyatt Regency Thiruvananthapuram?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.