Wiki Posts
Search

DEL lounge overnight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
DEL lounge overnight

I'd like to fly in by Swiss arriving at midnight and then take Air India flight to CCU at 6:50am.
I have UA*G card. Does anyone know if I can use Air India lounge? Do they have shower and places to sleep? I can't find this info on airport website. They write that it's exclusively for AI business class.

Alternatively, I see something like Plaza Nap&Shower. Did anybody use this? How much does it cost?
I prefer to stay in transit area and not leave airport to outside hotel.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
After arriving on LX and passing customs and immigration, you can stop by the Plaza arrivals lounge which is not really nice. Just go up one level and thru domestic security. You will end up in the domestic concourse which has a AI lounge that is available to *G ( 'All Air India First Class, Business Class, Maharaja Club members of Flying Returns and Star Alliance Gold customers.'). This lounge is rather bare bones but has showers (bring your own toilettries and a towel as they provide neither) and 2-3 recliners to sleep on. The seating area has sofas meant to seat 2, so you can stretch across them. Catering is limited till about 4am, when they set up breakfast.

I usually try to get on the 9W flight to CCU at 02:30am when I arrive from MUC at 23:15, but that would be rather short for your arrival at 23:55.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by piotrus
I'd like to fly in by Swiss arriving at midnight and then take Air India flight to CCU at 6:50am.
I have UA*G card. Does anyone know if I can use Air India lounge? Do they have shower and places to sleep? I can't find this info on airport website. They write that it's exclusively for AI business class.

Alternatively, I see something like Plaza Nap&Shower. Did anybody use this? How much does it cost?
I prefer to stay in transit area and not leave airport to outside hotel.
once you clear immigration in del you will be outside the transit area & will probably not be allowed back into the domestic terminal till about 3-4 hours before your flight....so you will only have the option of the plaza arrivals lounge....its nothing to write home about but is better than the ai lounge....rates are mentioned melow:

https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...ty=New%20Delhi
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
After arriving on LX and passing customs and immigration, you can stop by the Plaza arrivals lounge which is not really nice. Just go up one level and thru domestic security. You will end up in the domestic concourse which has a AI lounge that is available to *G ( 'All Air India First Class, Business Class, Maharaja Club members of Flying Returns and Star Alliance Gold customers.'). This lounge is rather bare bones but has showers (bring your own toilettries and a towel as they provide neither) and 2-3 recliners to sleep on. The seating area has sofas meant to seat 2, so you can stretch across them. Catering is limited till about 4am, when they set up breakfast.

I usually try to get on the 9W flight to CCU at 02:30am when I arrive from MUC at 23:15, but that would be rather short for your arrival at 23:55.
Thanks. I would take the earlier one, but then from CCU I plan to go to Paro at 12:40, so I would have long layover anyway.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:16 am

Just use the plaza permium sleeper rooms. Turn left after exisitng into the main arrivals hall.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by erik123
Just use the plaza permium sleeper rooms. Turn left after exisitng into the main arrivals hall.
The Plaza Premium transit rooms aren't part of the Plaza Premium lounges at DEL, the lounges of which can be used by say using Priority Pass membership cards.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Plaza Premium transit rooms aren't part of the Plaza Premium lounges at DEL, the lounges of which can be used by say using Priority Pass membership cards.
Correct - But in this case it's the best option.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Keyser
once you clear immigration in del you will be outside the transit area & will probably not be allowed back into the domestic terminal till about 3-4 hours before your flight....so you will only have the option of the plaza arrivals lounge....its nothing to write home about but is better than the ai lounge....rates are mentioned melow:

https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...ty=New%20Delhi
The CISF is not so tough on you at midnight, they will let you thru in DEL for the 6am domestic flights
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
The CISF is not so tough on you at midnight, they will let you thru in DEL for the 6am domestic flights
i faced this problem recently....landed from cdg around midnight & then had a 7am flight to bbi....they initially wouldn't let me through....it took a little bit of convincing before they let me in....
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:53 am

The trick is to go to the end of the terminal that is closer to the international departure area. (ie turn left after leaving customs)
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The trick is to go to the end of the terminal that is closer to the international departure area. (ie turn left after leaving customs)
will try that next time....thanks for the tip....
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Thought I will post on this thread rather than opening another one. We are arriving at T3 DEL on a domestic flight . Both me and mrs.ukdoctor have Priority passes ( as far as i can see the Plaza arrival lounge at DEL T3 is part of Priority pass network )

We might have to wait for around 2 hours in mid afternoon before leaving the airport.

Does the one in domestic arrivals have toilets inside ?. Some food would be nice as well. The plaza website is not very clear and describes the shower/manicure/massage service
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Thought I will post on this thread rather than opening another one. We are arriving at T3 DEL on a domestic flight . Both me and mrs.ukdoctor have Priority passes ( as far as i can see the Plaza arrival lounge at DEL T3 is part of Priority pass network )

We might have to wait for around 2 hours in mid afternoon before leaving the airport.

Does the one in domestic arrivals have toilets inside ?. Some food would be nice as well. The plaza website is not very clear and describes the shower/manicure/massage service
priority pass won't get you much at the arrival lounge....there is a small sitting area & they will serve you tea/coffee & some cookies....you have to use the public restrooms that are located next to the lounge....
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
priority pass won't get you much at the arrival lounge....there is a small sitting area & they will serve you tea/coffee & some cookies....you have to use the public restrooms that are located next to the lounge....
Thanks Keyser. Had someone who was going to pick us up but was not free till some time later. i will now try to arrange for transport earlier than currently planned .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.