FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   DEL lounge overnight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1919655-del-lounge-overnight.html)

piotrus Jul 13, 2018 2:47 am

DEL lounge overnight

I'd like to fly in by Swiss arriving at midnight and then take Air India flight to CCU at 6:50am.
I have UA*G card. Does anyone know if I can use Air India lounge? Do they have shower and places to sleep? I can't find this info on airport website. They write that it's exclusively for AI business class.

Alternatively, I see something like Plaza Nap&Shower. Did anybody use this? How much does it cost?
I prefer to stay in transit area and not leave airport to outside hotel.

oliver2002 Jul 13, 2018 3:01 am

After arriving on LX and passing customs and immigration, you can stop by the Plaza arrivals lounge which is not really nice. Just go up one level and thru domestic security. You will end up in the domestic concourse which has a AI lounge that is available to *G ( 'All Air India First Class, Business Class, Maharaja Club members of Flying Returns and Star Alliance Gold customers.'). This lounge is rather bare bones but has showers (bring your own toilettries and a towel as they provide neither) and 2-3 recliners to sleep on. The seating area has sofas meant to seat 2, so you can stretch across them. Catering is limited till about 4am, when they set up breakfast.

I usually try to get on the 9W flight to CCU at 02:30am when I arrive from MUC at 23:15, but that would be rather short for your arrival at 23:55.

Keyser Jul 13, 2018 5:24 am

Originally Posted by piotrus (Post 29968888)
I'd like to fly in by Swiss arriving at midnight and then take Air India flight to CCU at 6:50am.
I have UA*G card. Does anyone know if I can use Air India lounge? Do they have shower and places to sleep? I can't find this info on airport website. They write that it's exclusively for AI business class.

Alternatively, I see something like Plaza Nap&Shower. Did anybody use this? How much does it cost?
I prefer to stay in transit area and not leave airport to outside hotel.

once you clear immigration in del you will be outside the transit area & will probably not be allowed back into the domestic terminal till about 3-4 hours before your flight....so you will only have the option of the plaza arrivals lounge....its nothing to write home about but is better than the ai lounge....rates are mentioned melow:

https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...ty=New%20Delhi

piotrus Jul 13, 2018 5:38 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 29968910)
After arriving on LX and passing customs and immigration, you can stop by the Plaza arrivals lounge which is not really nice. Just go up one level and thru domestic security. You will end up in the domestic concourse which has a AI lounge that is available to *G ( 'All Air India First Class, Business Class, Maharaja Club members of Flying Returns and Star Alliance Gold customers.'). This lounge is rather bare bones but has showers (bring your own toilettries and a towel as they provide neither) and 2-3 recliners to sleep on. The seating area has sofas meant to seat 2, so you can stretch across them. Catering is limited till about 4am, when they set up breakfast.

I usually try to get on the 9W flight to CCU at 02:30am when I arrive from MUC at 23:15, but that would be rather short for your arrival at 23:55.

Thanks. I would take the earlier one, but then from CCU I plan to go to Paro at 12:40, so I would have long layover anyway.

erik123 Jul 14, 2018 3:16 am

Just use the plaza permium sleeper rooms. Turn left after exisitng into the main arrivals hall.

GUWonder Jul 14, 2018 4:57 am

Originally Posted by erik123 (Post 29972409)
Just use the plaza permium sleeper rooms. Turn left after exisitng into the main arrivals hall.

The Plaza Premium transit rooms aren't part of the Plaza Premium lounges at DEL, the lounges of which can be used by say using Priority Pass membership cards.

erik123 Jul 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 29972572)
The Plaza Premium transit rooms aren't part of the Plaza Premium lounges at DEL, the lounges of which can be used by say using Priority Pass membership cards.

Correct - But in this case it's the best option.

oliver2002 Jul 16, 2018 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 29969143)
once you clear immigration in del you will be outside the transit area & will probably not be allowed back into the domestic terminal till about 3-4 hours before your flight....so you will only have the option of the plaza arrivals lounge....its nothing to write home about but is better than the ai lounge....rates are mentioned melow:

https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...ty=New%20Delhi

The CISF is not so tough on you at midnight, they will let you thru in DEL for the 6am domestic flights ;)

Keyser Jul 16, 2018 2:39 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 29978317)
The CISF is not so tough on you at midnight, they will let you thru in DEL for the 6am domestic flights ;)

i faced this problem recently....landed from cdg around midnight & then had a 7am flight to bbi....they initially wouldn't let me through....it took a little bit of convincing before they let me in....

oliver2002 Jul 16, 2018 3:53 am

The trick is to go to the end of the terminal that is closer to the international departure area. (ie turn left after leaving customs) ;)

Keyser Jul 16, 2018 4:36 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 29978444)
The trick is to go to the end of the terminal that is closer to the international departure area. (ie turn left after leaving customs) ;)

will try that next time....thanks for the tip....

ukdoctor Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Thought I will post on this thread rather than opening another one. We are arriving at T3 DEL on a domestic flight . Both me and mrs.ukdoctor have Priority passes ( as far as i can see the Plaza arrival lounge at DEL T3 is part of Priority pass network )

We might have to wait for around 2 hours in mid afternoon before leaving the airport.

Does the one in domestic arrivals have toilets inside ?. Some food would be nice as well. The plaza website is not very clear and describes the shower/manicure/massage service :confused:

Keyser Jul 19, 2018 12:56 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor (Post 29984389)
Thought I will post on this thread rather than opening another one. We are arriving at T3 DEL on a domestic flight . Both me and mrs.ukdoctor have Priority passes ( as far as i can see the Plaza arrival lounge at DEL T3 is part of Priority pass network )

We might have to wait for around 2 hours in mid afternoon before leaving the airport.

Does the one in domestic arrivals have toilets inside ?. Some food would be nice as well. The plaza website is not very clear and describes the shower/manicure/massage service :confused:

priority pass won't get you much at the arrival lounge....there is a small sitting area & they will serve you tea/coffee & some cookies....you have to use the public restrooms that are located next to the lounge....

ukdoctor Jul 20, 2018 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 29989980)
priority pass won't get you much at the arrival lounge....there is a small sitting area & they will serve you tea/coffee & some cookies....you have to use the public restrooms that are located next to the lounge....

Thanks Keyser. Had someone who was going to pick us up but was not free till some time later. i will now try to arrange for transport earlier than currently planned .:p