Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Mumbai eVisa Counter?

Mumbai eVisa Counter?

Old Mar 6, 18, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
Mumbai eVisa Counter?

I know, I know. I'm breaking the rules - this isn't a post related to BAEC.

However in my defense - well I don't really have one. Except that I know a lot of people on this board seem to fly in and out of Mumbai.

So - does anyone know where the eVisa counter is these days at Mumbai immigration upon arrival?

It used to be in the little glass walled room as you got to the immigration area, but for some reason I think it moved to the far end of the immigration hall. I'm not certain of this though. I have several business visitors coming in next week (yes on BA, so there's a tentative partial justification for posting here) and would like to be able to provide accurate guidance.

I haven't had an eVisa for India in a couple of years now.

Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 18, 3:08 am

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster Gold Travelcard
As you enter the immigration hall, the first few desks are for Business and First passengers only. Be warned, these are not for arrivals holding e-visas. I made the mistake of queuing here in January off the BA139, reached the front of the queue only to be redirected to the e-visa queue. After the Business/First desks, the next ones are for Economy passengers with the e-visa desks at the far end of the hall. Signage is not great. The e-visa desks are not segregated by flight class so everyone is in the same queue. All desks take your finger prints and I observed a high failure rate, requiring in each case the summonsing of a supervisor.

Also be warned that the normal arrival gates for BA flights are a considerable distance (700 - 800 meters) from the immigration hall.
Old Mar 6, 18, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
How does this work with the usual visa check at LHR? Also, after reading the site, what on earth is a casual business visit versus the need for a business visa which my company always insist on.
Old Mar 6, 18, 11:06 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Harry Harry View Post
I know, I know. I'm breaking the rules - this isn't a post related to BAEC.

However in my defense - well I don't really have one.
This is commonly known as being hoisted by your own petard ...

We have an India forum where such questions can be readily answered. We’ll assist by moving it there ...

/mod
Old Mar 6, 18, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i can confirm that the e-visa counters are towards the far end of the immigration hall....

Search this Thread