Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

AMD - DEL: Dom (T3) to Intl time - AMD repairs?

Old Mar 5, 18, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Have a 11:25pm international flight out on CZ 360 (DEL -> CAN). Is it too risky to book the following? AMD airport is closed from 10a - 7p for repairs to run way, so my alternative would be to leave early in the morning. Would prefer to leave in evening if it makes sense, but not at expense of missing Intl flight.

6:50 PM 8:20 PM
Ahmedabad (AMD) New Delhi (DEL)
Air India 11 Economy Class Airbus A321 (Sharklets)

AI and CZ are both T3 so no need for shuttle per my understanding. I would need to college baggage from domestic route and then check-in again for international flight.

For those that are familiar with this route and airports, how likely are delays/cancellations?
Would you leave more than 3 hours?
Do you really need to "check-in" to an international flight 2 hours before departure?
Any benefits with Skyteam elite+ status or global entry at the airport?

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 18, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Lag in post being approved by moderator.
This was answered by other members in the meantime via private message. Said 3 hours should be fine.
Old Mar 9, 18, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ghostwolf View Post
Do you really need to "check-in" to an international flight 2 hours before departure?
ideally yes, but the counters are open till one hour before your flight....

Originally Posted by ghostwolf View Post
Any benefits with Skyteam elite+ status or global entry at the airport?
the only benefit of having status would be the ability to check-in at the business class counter....no other benefit for elite status or global entry....

Search this Thread