Wiki Posts
Search

International to Domestic Connection at BLR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Poster

International to Domestic Connection at BLR

Hi All,

I've got a flight from Colombo on SriLankan scheduled to arrive at 8:05pm. Can I connect to an AirIndia flight to New Delhi that's scheduled to depart at 9:10pm that night?

I have no checked luggage and have an Indian visa already.

Doable?

thanks for your advice
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5000
Hi All,

I've got a flight from Colombo on SriLankan scheduled to arrive at 8:05pm. Can I connect to an AirIndia flight to New Delhi that's scheduled to depart at 9:10pm that night?

I have no checked luggage and have an Indian visa already.

Doable?

thanks for your advice
unlikely....an hour is not enough for you to clear immigration & check in for your domestic flight....
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Hi all, just writing to report that I completed this transfer as planned, last Saturday. From the time SriLankan opened the plane door (8:00pm--5mins ahead of schedule) to the time I reached the gate area for the Air India flight, it took me 17 minutes. That includes: clearing immigration, walking through baggage/customs (no checked bags), popping in at the Air India check-in counter (I checked in online in advance and printed my "boarding card" but it contained a "D" on it -- (Domestic) and I was required to check-in at a desk; the guys behind the desk just wrote the gate number on the pass and wished me well and went back to their phones), then cleared security (this Air India flight to New Delhi left the International departures side so I had to clear security there). All in all, great experience and very smooth. Great airport!!
AJLondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.