Wiki Posts
Search

Nagaland - anyone been there?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Nagaland - anyone been there?

Friend of my wife which is from Nagaland invited us to visit her and family there next year.

To my shame, I did not even know that this state has majority of Christian population. Information of wikiwoyage/wikitravel is very limited what is see and where to go. If you've been there fairly recently, could you share your experience?

Last edited by invisible; Sep 21, 2017 at 11:27 pm
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by invisible
Friend of my wife which is from Nagaland invited us to visit her and family there next year.

To my shame, I did not even know that this state has majority of Christian population. Information of wikiwoyage/wikitravel is very limited what is see and where to go. If you've been there fairly recently, could you share your experience?
where in nagaland would you be going????

one of my roommates from college is from nagaland & i attended his wedding in kohima a few years ago....nice quaint place but with not much to do....
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Really not much to do. Unless you like nature. Or are into researching mountain tribes.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Really not much to do. Unless you like nature. Or are into researching mountain tribes.
Nature is what I really like. I will choose 12h hike in mountains in split second over going to a beach or some developed place.

Where exactly is she from - don't know yet, will get more details later.

Last edited by invisible; Sep 22, 2017 at 7:15 am
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:45 pm

...To my shame, I did not even know that this state has majority of Christian population.
What does a Chritian population have to do with your visit?

I have travelled extensively in Nagaland (mainly for birdwatching) and there are plenty of nature hikes, but you need guides and depending on your nationality, government permits for most places,
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puchong
What does a Chritian population have to do with your visit?
That I can enjoy beef.

Originally Posted by puchong
I have travelled extensively in Nagaland (mainly for birdwatching) and there are plenty of nature hikes, but you need guides and depending on your nationality, government permits for most places,
Anywhere I can read about it?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Most Foreigners no longer need a PAP: http://www.explorenagaland.com/north...s-rap-pap-ilp/
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
That I can enjoy beef.
Or dog.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
... if interested in the cultures and history of the area, having family/friends in the area, etc., it’s as good or better than a variety of places.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:24 am

Nature is what I really like. I will choose 12h hike in mountains in split second over going to a beach or some developed place.
yes, there are a couple of destinations that you should village if possible.

1) Trek to the Dzoukou Valley:

Perched at a height of 2,462m above the sea level, this magical valley in Nagaland adore its pristine beauty and also witness some of the rare and exotic species of lilies.

2) Hike the Japfu Peak:

The highest point of Nagaland, Japfu Peak is undoubtedly the best spot to witness the enchanting beauty of the Dzukou Valley

3) Mountain Biking:

Nagaland also serves as a wonderful and engrossing mountain biking destination in the North-East.

See the attached below images:
Attached Images    
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:01 am

Even tough there is not much to do in Nagaland but enough to do. The following URL will help you! Don't miss out these places if you are going nearby.
http://www.thrillophilia.com/blog/be...o-in-nagaland/
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:34 am

Hwy where you will be going?
And what type of information you need?
As I was there for a month...and might help you out even if you want to plan your trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.