Reload this Page >

12 hour at Delhi

12 hour at Delhi

Old Aug 18, 17, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
12 hour at Delhi

Hi

I will be arriving at Delhi at 9pm on Air Canada. My next flight is with Singapore Airline the next day at 9am. I only have hand luggage. I have Star Alliance Gold status and e visa to visit India, which I plan to use on my way back to Canada in October. This is my first time flying to India and I appreciate any advise I can get.

1. Can I stay in one of the Star Alliance lounges through the night, assuming one (or more) of them open through the night? Is there one with shower facility?

2. Alternatively, I can exit the airport and take the metro to Delhi main train station and look for hotels/guest houses nearby or near Connaught Place. Will there be metro services late in the evening and is it safe?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Ken Nguyen
Old Aug 20, 17, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kenguyen View Post
2. Alternatively, I can exit the airport and take the metro to Delhi main train station and look for hotels/guest houses nearby or near Connaught Place. Will there be metro services late in the evening and is it safe?
why would you want to go all the way to connaught place????there are tons of hotels near the airport as well as one at the airport itself where you don't need to use your visa....
Old Aug 20, 17, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
There are a number of 24hr *A lounges. Also a good number of contract lounges as well. The AI are soso but do gave showers and are 24hr. The lufthansa senator is nice but not 24hr. Landside the plaza premium contract lounges oned has showers but both lounges are crap other than the actual shower rooms.

I would use the AI lounges if i wanted to stay in just one. But Keyser is right, no need to go far for a decent room, there is a holiday inn express in the terminal.
Old Aug 21, 17, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by kenguyen View Post
Hi

I will be arriving at Delhi at 9pm on Air Canada. My next flight is with Singapore Airline the next day at 9am. I only have hand luggage. I have Star Alliance Gold status and e visa to visit India, which I plan to use on my way back to Canada in October. This is my first time flying to India and I appreciate any advise I can get.

1. Can I stay in one of the Star Alliance lounges through the night, assuming one (or more) of them open through the night? Is there one with shower facility?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Ken Nguyen
I asked this type of question in one of my conversations.

I suggest that if you want to find a hotel within a terminal, Holiday Inn will be great.

But if you want to explore the city and to experience good hospitality in the nature, the Four Point would be the best option.

Available other options are Red Fox Hotel, Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport and ibis New Delhi Aerocity.
Old Oct 20, 17, 8:52 am

There are lots and lots of hotels snear to the airport only. No need to go out of your way.
A tuk tuk..or a the airport run buses can drop you there
Old Oct 20, 17, 9:04 am

It's way too long for any of the lounges and if you use the PP sleeper rooms it will work out more expensive than a hotel. At that time there is also no point in going into town.

I have stayed at several of the airport hotels and like the Four Points the best. You can book a rate that includes r/t airport transfer and breakfast that is competitive with the others. If you want to save a little bit of money you could go for the Red Fox or Ibis. A step down but still good.

Search this Thread