Mumbai to Agra

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mumbai to Agra

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks!

More than a 90 minute difference? That's the extra travel time of the connection (assuming no misconnect).
it all depends....for example, it takes me 20 minutes to get home from the airport if there is no traffic....in peak hour traffic it usually takes me about an hour....but there have been times where its taken me 2 hours as well during peak hours....
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks, this is helpful.

As big a deterrent as the extra traffic is, it seems like the lower risk involved in a non-stop plus the times savings in a non-stop vs. connecting light leans me towards biting the bullet.

Is there a time when you think the traffic dies down on a Friday night?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by beachfan
Is there a time when you think the traffic dies down on a Friday night?
after 8:30-9pm....
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:22 am

I don't want to open a new thread, so I will just ask here.

So, what is the best way from Mumbai to Agra? Is there a direct train?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I don't want to open a new thread, so I will just ask here.

So, what is the best way from Mumbai to Agra? Is there a direct train?
There are direct trains, they take anywhere between 17 to 21 hours. If you have that much time, perhaps with an overnight train, then it may work out.

Otherwise I'd take a flight to DEL and take a cab down to Agra.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
There are direct trains, they take anywhere between 17 to 21 hours. If you have that much time, perhaps with an overnight train, then it may work out.

Otherwise I'd take a flight to DEL and take a cab down to Agra.
Thanks, well that would be much more convenient than spending an entire day in a train.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Thanks, well that would be much more convenient than spending an entire day in a train.
It's not quite that bad, but I admit that I have only done the reverse direction, ie Agra to Mumbai.
We boarded the train in Agra at 2pm, a overnight 1st Class Sleeper, and arrived on time in Mumbai at 8am next morning. Very convenient timing, with the afternoon downtime no worst than checkin/checkout time at the airports. Also very happy with the train ticket price - near a $100 as I recall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.