Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Is this itinerary too aggressive?

Old Dec 13, 15, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: all, none, somewhere in between

My friend made the following itinerary for India for me. I'm super open to quick travel (and I almost always travel with briefer visits to cities than just about everyone else recommends), but given the distances and flights and such, this seems like I may be spending more time traveling than visiting.

So is this itinerary at all feasible? Or is too aggressive? What particular parts will be toughest to do?

(Note: Have particular reasons for Hyderabad and Gulbarga, though Gulbarga could be replaced with another rural / off-the-beaten path location.)

Day 1- Delhi
Day 2- Agra
Day 3- Jaipur
Day 4- Hyderabad
Day 5- Hyderabad
Day 6- Gulbarga
Day 7- Mumbai
Day 8- Mumbai

Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 15, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it's doable but aggressive....you will definitely be spending more time traveling....
Old Dec 20, 15, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Way too aggressive. You will spend all your time traveling between these places and not see anything in any depth. I spent 2 full days in Agra it took a day to ge between Agra and Jaipur including a visit to fateipur sikri (sp?) and 3 full days in Jaipur. There is so much to see just between Delhi, Agea and Jaipur.
Old Dec 22, 15, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Definitely too aggressive. I think you are dramatically underestimating the time it takes just to get between city and airport in each place. This can take, literally, hours, depending on traffic/time of day. If you have 8 days I would limit it to 3 cities max. There is a lot to do in Delhi alone, for instance, well more than the half-day your itinerary appears to allow.

Search this Thread