Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Indian e-Visa for UK citizens - problems

Old Dec 13, 15, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven View Post
I was able to apply for 3 people by just clearing history= cookies, caches.
try it it will work
I can do the application fine, it's just the payment that I can't do. Have tried clearing cache/history etc. and have tried on 3 PC's. Nothing works.
Old Dec 15, 15, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven View Post
I was able to apply for 3 people by just clearing history= cookies, caches.
try it it will work
Eventually I used a US based commercial site and collected my e-visa very promptly but a quite a hefty premium. However it saved me the hastle of having to report to the visa-office here in London for a regular visa.
The US site was simplicity itself.
Old Dec 15, 15, 7:15 am

I ended up bouncing through a connection in Australia. Same credit card, same details, etc. and payment went through first time without any issue. All very odd.
Old Dec 15, 15, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by gbs1112 View Post
Eventually I used a US based commercial site and collected my e-visa very promptly but a quite a hefty premium. However it saved me the hastle of having to report to the visa-office here in London for a regular visa.
The US site was simplicity itself.
I've seen various reports on TripAdvisor as well of using a company called Visa Genie to do it and they're not too badly priced (65 all up I think).
Old Dec 16, 15, 5:46 am

Worked for me with MBNA AA UK card just a few days ago. Went through to 3D secure but nothing required and was approved. Before that tried with the Travelex Supercard and this failed.
Old Dec 20, 15, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by flashware View Post
I can do the application fine, it's just the payment that I can't do. Have tried clearing cache/history etc. and have tried on 3 PC's. Nothing works.
keep using different credit cards.

It is nice that we can do this online but it is very expensive.

we are staying only a week in india and we have young toddler and paid almost $62 for each of us. India's neighbor Nepal don't charge fees for infants or toddlers.
Old Dec 25, 15, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Use of the e-Visa at DEL

On arrival passengers with e-Visas are directed to a separate location in the immigration hall. The line ahead of us was very short, maybe 10 people in all, but progress was disappointingly slow. They collect biometric data and the finger print registration screens were being difficult. One passenger in front of me took almost ten minutes to complete the finger print bit while the official leant acoss his counter over and over again to polish the screen. This was happening at several of the four or five counters open. When it was our turn we were not fingerprinted and I guess that this was because we had a 'proper' visa issued earlier in the year and the data collected then was still on record. For us the processing time was 1-2 minutes.
Old Dec 25, 15, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by gbs1112 View Post
On arrival passengers with e-Visas are directed to a separate location in the immigration hall. The line ahead of us was very short, maybe 10 people in all, but progress was disappointingly slow. They collect biometric data and the finger print registration screens were being difficult. One passenger in front of me took almost ten minutes to complete the finger print bit while the official leant acoss his counter over and over again to polish the screen. This was happening at several of the four or five counters open. When it was our turn we were not fingerprinted and I guess that this was because we had a 'proper' visa issued earlier in the year and the data collected then was still on record. For us the processing time was 1-2 minutes.
Doesn't mirror my experience on the 24th. Two separate queues, (oh why oh why - just have one!), I joined the shorter one and even with 4 people in front was out of there within a few minutes. Providing my biometrics was painless.
Old Mar 5, 16, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Reports suggest that getting an e-visa is still hit and miss but using 3G or 4G instead of Wi-Fi is a work-around that might do the trick. The fee may have come down too. That would make persisting more attractive, rather than just giving up and getting a regular visa.
Old Mar 21, 16, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR

Just a data point worked fine today using Natwest debit card
Old May 12, 16, 2:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
If I stated in eTV application that my intended airport of arrival in India is BOM. However, due to change of scheduling I arrived in DEL as my first point of entry in India. Will the immigration officials at DEL accept that and let me in without any trouble?
Old May 12, 16, 11:13 pm

Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
You can enter from any of the 16 designated entry airports, regardless of what you stated in your application.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: