Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Indian e-Visa for UK citizens - problems

Indian e-Visa for UK citizens - problems

Old Dec 13, 15, 3:43 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,531
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven View Post
I was able to apply for 3 people by just clearing history= cookies, caches.
try it it will work
I can do the application fine, it's just the payment that I can't do. Have tried clearing cache/history etc. and have tried on 3 PC's. Nothing works.
flashware is offline  
Old Dec 15, 15, 7:07 am
  #17  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: London
Posts: 203
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven View Post
I was able to apply for 3 people by just clearing history= cookies, caches.
try it it will work
Eventually I used a US based commercial site and collected my e-visa very promptly but a quite a hefty premium. However it saved me the hastle of having to report to the visa-office here in London for a regular visa.
The US site was simplicity itself.
gbs1112 is offline  
Old Dec 15, 15, 7:15 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,531
I ended up bouncing through a connection in Australia. Same credit card, same details, etc. and payment went through first time without any issue. All very odd.
flashware is offline  
Old Dec 15, 15, 7:16 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,531
Originally Posted by gbs1112 View Post
Eventually I used a US based commercial site and collected my e-visa very promptly but a quite a hefty premium. However it saved me the hastle of having to report to the visa-office here in London for a regular visa.
The US site was simplicity itself.
I've seen various reports on TripAdvisor as well of using a company called Visa Genie to do it and they're not too badly priced (65 all up I think).
flashware is offline  
Old Dec 16, 15, 5:46 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: London
Posts: 6,227
Worked for me with MBNA AA UK card just a few days ago. Went through to 3D secure but nothing required and was approved. Before that tried with the Travelex Supercard and this failed.
Aus_Mal is offline  
Old Dec 20, 15, 11:10 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,872
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
I can do the application fine, it's just the payment that I can't do. Have tried clearing cache/history etc. and have tried on 3 PC's. Nothing works.
keep using different credit cards.

It is nice that we can do this online but it is very expensive.

we are staying only a week in india and we have young toddler and paid almost $62 for each of us. India's neighbor Nepal don't charge fees for infants or toddlers.
Blueskyheaven is offline  
Old Dec 25, 15, 1:55 am
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: London
Posts: 203
Use of the e-Visa at DEL

On arrival passengers with e-Visas are directed to a separate location in the immigration hall. The line ahead of us was very short, maybe 10 people in all, but progress was disappointingly slow. They collect biometric data and the finger print registration screens were being difficult. One passenger in front of me took almost ten minutes to complete the finger print bit while the official leant acoss his counter over and over again to polish the screen. This was happening at several of the four or five counters open. When it was our turn we were not fingerprinted and I guess that this was because we had a 'proper' visa issued earlier in the year and the data collected then was still on record. For us the processing time was 1-2 minutes.
gbs1112 is offline  
Old Dec 25, 15, 8:28 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: London
Posts: 6,227
Originally Posted by gbs1112 View Post
On arrival passengers with e-Visas are directed to a separate location in the immigration hall. The line ahead of us was very short, maybe 10 people in all, but progress was disappointingly slow. They collect biometric data and the finger print registration screens were being difficult. One passenger in front of me took almost ten minutes to complete the finger print bit while the official leant acoss his counter over and over again to polish the screen. This was happening at several of the four or five counters open. When it was our turn we were not fingerprinted and I guess that this was because we had a 'proper' visa issued earlier in the year and the data collected then was still on record. For us the processing time was 1-2 minutes.
Doesn't mirror my experience on the 24th. Two separate queues, (oh why oh why - just have one!), I joined the shorter one and even with 4 people in front was out of there within a few minutes. Providing my biometrics was painless.
Aus_Mal is offline  
Old Mar 5, 16, 7:00 am
  #24  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: London
Posts: 203
Reports suggest that getting an e-visa is still hit and miss but using 3G or 4G instead of Wi-Fi is a work-around that might do the trick. The fee may have come down too. That would make persisting more attractive, rather than just giving up and getting a regular visa.
gbs1112 is offline  
Old Mar 21, 16, 5:12 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: LBA
Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Posts: 389
Indian e-Visa for UK citizens - problems

Just a data point worked fine today using Natwest debit card
crowe is offline  
Old May 12, 16, 2:44 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Posts: 7,978
If I stated in eTV application that my intended airport of arrival in India is BOM. However, due to change of scheduling I arrived in DEL as my first point of entry in India. Will the immigration officials at DEL accept that and let me in without any trouble?
NA-Flyer is offline  
Old May 12, 16, 11:13 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
Posts: 32
You can enter from any of the 16 designated entry airports, regardless of what you stated in your application.
MumbaiGuy101 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: