Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

New lounge at T2 in BOM has opened

Old Dec 1, 14, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

The airport operator GVK has opened their new lounge at the international terminal a few days ago. Not a large space so there is going to be some over crowding during peak hours. There are dedicated areas for F and J. It is still a shared lounge for various airlines, don't think the individual airline lounges are ready yet. Nice F menu with Dom being served as a welcome drink. Excellent experience overall other than the slightly chewy lamb in the biryani.
Old Dec 2, 14, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
good to know....i'll have a chance to check out the lounge later this month....
Old Jan 3, 15, 4:50 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Silver, Marriott Silver
Used the GVK Business Class lounge in Dec (prior to boarding UA to EWR). Not spectacular but pretty nice. Not huge -- wasn't terribly crowded when I got there but then UA leaves before the "peak hour" in Mumbai for Intl flights. So I suspect space will be a bit tight in the midnight to 2 am window. There is a dining area with a hot buffet and snacks. There is also a full bar with a decent selection.

Dining area

Sitting area

Old Jan 4, 15, 6:52 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

I visited it last week around 430am and it was absolutely deserted. They were also offering complimentary 15 minute massages in the spa section.

Old Jan 11, 15, 2:58 pm

Wow! Talk about a retro 1970s design/theme!

It look like they got their decor from an establishment that had closed or renovated to something from this century!
Old Jan 11, 15, 6:34 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I was expecting to visit the First Class Lounge at the weekend but it seems to be just a roped off section adjacent to the buffet area. Anyway here are some more photos.

Lounge entrance

Seating area

Dining area (First Class section is the other side of the screen)

Buffet and dining area

Chairs by the window

Spa reception desk

Old Jan 12, 15, 3:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fly-guy View Post
Wow! Talk about a retro 1970s design/theme!

It look like they got their decor from an establishment that had closed or renovated to something from this century!
Now that you mention it, it look very much like that... sorta like the interior of copper chimney in Worli
Old Jan 30, 15, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Tonight is my second visit to this lounge and, I have to say, I'm really impressed with it. Previous visit was in the first section and this time I'm in the adjacent Premium section in the 4th floor.

The first section has a slightly higher quality of food and drink, but there's really very little in it.

It's very comfortable, there are lots of private seating areas, the buffet is really rather good. It doesn't feel as "blingy" while you're sitting in it as it might look in the photos.

The only downside tonight is that it's a "dry day" 😱😱. However, only 15 minutes to go until midnight and tomorrow will be a welcome other day.

Overall, the check-in, security, passport control and lounge experience as a business/first passenger has been much better than most western airports I can think of.
Old Feb 19, 15, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Just visited this lounge on Monday. I have to say, this is the best lounge I've seen in a very long time. Beats the F lounge and Concorde Room at LHR T5 hands down.

Complimentary 15 min foot massage, but the star of the show was the food. Prawn in black bean sauce was a huge pan with enormous prawns! Very yummy!

Last edited by RafKa; Feb 19, 15 at 11:12 am
Old Feb 23, 15, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa View Post
the star of the show was the food. Prawn in black bean sauce was a huge pan with enormous prawns! Very yummy!
I agree. That was my favourite too and it would be fair to say I over-indulged in those prawns, which made for an interesting flight

Those prawns have been on the menu for over two months now. It will be interesting to see how often (or whether) they revise the menu.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: