Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Deals for India ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Hotel Deals for India ?

I have only recently started putting efforts in offers & promotions in case of travel and stays.

I tried searching but could not find any related posts. Can some one help me find out the best possible hotel deals usually available ? and if we can have a sticky thread for it ? Mods please let me know.

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
I have only recently started putting efforts in offers & promotions in case of travel and stays.

I tried searching but could not find any related posts. Can some one help me find out the best possible hotel deals usually available ? and if we can have a sticky thread for it ? Mods please let me know.

Thanks
use http://www.hotelscombined.com/ to search....when i'm not sticking to a particular chain then i use them to find the best deal....
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
I like agoda.com and goibibo.com got a great hotel in Dharamsala using goibibo
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:38 am

MakeMyTrip has some very attractive if complicated offers at times, but non-Indian cards don't seem to work there any longer. No such problem with Cleartrip or Goibibo though.

In any event, I find there's no substitute for having a go at all the sites and comparing. No one site is consistently best.
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Are use Hotels.com. First, I look at trip advisor to get a sense of highly rated hotels in my price range but booked through hotels.com. In fact, we’re flying to India tomorrow and book my stay at the La Lit New Delhi with them. For another hotel later in the itinerary, when I found a reduced price on their website (even though I had a “non-refundable“ reservation, they refunded the difference to my credit card within 48 hours. What is really nice is that after 10 stays, you get the average price per night that you paid As a credit that you can use against any future hotel stay.
And no, I don’t work for them :-)
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:54 am

Lots of popular travel companies offering deals, but I advise to everyone, confirm everything about the deals and take a written commitment if possible to avoid any kind of fraud.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:23 am
Suspended

Goibibo and cleartrip seems to be best according to me. You can check ixigo.com which is a hotel comparision site to get best price.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
use http://www.hotelscombined.com/ to search....when i'm not sticking to a particular chain then i use them to find the best deal....
Checked these guys out for the first time after you shared the link. Seems more like Hotel Aggregators like Trivago ?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by quarryking
Checked these guys out for the first time after you shared the link. Seems more like Hotel Aggregators like Trivago ?
it's been a while since i last used them....in the past i found them to be much better than the likes of trivago....
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:52 pm
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Originally Posted by 889
MakeMyTrip has some very attractive if complicated offers at times, but non-Indian cards don't seem to work there any longer. No such problem with Cleartrip or Goibibo though.

In any event, I find there's no substitute for having a go at all the sites and comparing. No one site is consistently best.
Non-Indian cards ARE accepted at MakeMyTrip.com. We made a trip earlier this year, and all of our domestic travel and some hotels were reserved on MMT, and paid for with my US-issued credit card.

They have a very simple loyalty program, and accumulated points are easy to redeem on follow-on reservations.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:30 am

If you are looking for five star hotels the big chains like Oberoi do have special rates for stays of over seven days, that can be taken in different hotels within their group, and the days do not need to be consecutive.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:18 pm

All I know is that last year I was able to use my non-Indian cards on MMT and this spring none of the very same cards would work, despite many tries. Many tries and much disappointment because, as mentioned, MMT sometimes has some very attractive promotions.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:42 am

Sometime you may get good deals directly except in luxury and standard hotels. A small hotel may provide you more discounts, try to call them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.