Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:39 am

My regular India visa is in transit to the Embassy rather than the consulate. Only reasons I can think of is my one trip to Sri Lanka in 2016, US citizen naturalized , born in HK SAR, and many stamps in my passport including Tanzania, Myanmar, Malaysia and Indonesia. I only have 2 years left on my Passport.

Any chance I will be granted a 10 year visa and also why I am being processed at the Embassy instead of the Consulate?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:35 am

Is your home address in the consular district of the Indian embassy?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:16 am

Sent my Passport to CKGS on November 9th and received my visa November 20th. It took 2 days for the embassy to review my application form.

I received the Tourist 10 year multiple visa. The type of visa is "T-1". I understand that "T" means tourist but anyone know what the "1" means?

Thanks

Last edited by metoo; Nov 21, 2018 at 8:27 pm
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: Mariott SE, HH, SPG SE, LT S, 9W BP
You can try getting a 10 year visa if you are involved with businesses/startups in India or have family ties to the country. Other than that you will need to pull a few strings to get it processed. I don't see them issuing one otherwise.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:50 pm

Smile

Date: 12/10/2018
Hi all!
I'm a US citizen who applied at the Chicago location consulate and CKGS online.
Happy today I got my Tourist Visa for 10 years back from CKGS. All in all it took only 4 days to get the Visa!!

GOOD JOB CKGS! SO QUICK!

My personal experience to be shared:
1. Have the application filled CORRECTLY and COMPLETELY. No gaps etc.
2. When it says...'in transfer from consulate to CKGS' ...it does not mean approved or disapproved. Just says it's on the way.
3. You will only know it's approved when you have your passport in YOUR HANDS back with the visa sticker inside.
4. There is no way to get information from CKGS about approval/rejection status other than WHERE your passport and application currently is at.
(I tried and called them! They won't tell!) Just wait until passport comes back.
5. I'm an ordinary guy in my early 50ies with no specific bonus. It seems not to matter if you have been in India before or not as opposed to a statement in here from someone.
6. There is no way to know real criteria of approval. Decision made according discretion of an officer - as in many countries (especially in the US)
7. And again...go first to CKGS page and fill in your data first. THEN with a code provided by CKGS go to the page of the Indian Consulate and fill in and complete the visa application - then you will be referred back to CKGS to proceed. NOTE: all email messages are solely sent from CKGS - and not from the Consulate!
Hope the information provided will help to figure out things faster!
Thx and Happy Days!
Alexander
FlyerTalkHandle likes this.

Last edited by Alexander007; Dec 10, 2018 at 7:08 pm Reason: Addition
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:09 am

There is a phone number you can call for assistance. You have to press many options and listen to a bunch of stuff before you get a live person. I have called many times to ask for assistance on my application. Agent can tell you exactly how to fill out the application form , step by step.

Sometimes from CKGS to the Government website and back to CKGS doesn't work as information is not saved. If you call CKGS, an agent can merge the two applications for you.

NO mistake when transferring information from your passport to your application or you will be denied.

Number- 516-206-1483
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:36 am

SOLUTION : Information requested does not matchup with criteria.

For all those who are struggling with this error like I did, I created three accounts to finally find out how this works.

Guys there is this blue ribbon at bottom of the page that says :
Enter CKGS Temporary ID / Web Reference Number to continue

Write your web reference number there, it will work.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:41 am

Visa approved?

Dropped off passport and application for visa (San Francisco) yesterday. It got to consulate this morning. Receive text that Application 'Reviewed' by Consulate and In Transit to CKGS Application Centre. Since this was in red with a backwards arrow Im thinking maybe I wont get the visa. Advice? My flight is in 10 days. Thanks!

Last edited by lisajuly; Mar 2, 2019 at 1:55 am Reason: add photo
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:41 am

this is 2019 and I still can't login my account on CKGS website. I am entering correct information but still getting "Information requested does not matchup with criteria."

ANYBODY, knows how to login my account on CKGS website to track passport renewal status?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:45 am

tried blue ribbon man times, says this "Application is already recieved. Please check the status of your application from My Account."

This junk is not working for so many people for so many years.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Got my passport back with visa inside (took less than 1 week) but noticed that they also put a rather large sticker on the back cover with a barcode and some other information.

I assume this was just for internal use while the visa was being processed? Is it needed for travel?

Normally, I might be inclined to just leave it there, but they placed it over an existing barcode sticker that I sometimes need to use.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
No Indian family background, received a 10 year tourist visa recently. CKGS received passport in a Thursday, shipped out to me the next Tuesday. Including shipping it took around a week. Relatively painless process, even if the website was a bit awful.

I did visit India on eVisa twice in the past year and listed an Indian friend as my reference, but I'm not sure what impact that had.

Originally Posted by econ
they also put a rather large sticker on the back cover with a barcode and some other information.
Looks like it's used to track the status of the visa application. Should be fine to remove.

Thursday - Application Received by CKGS
Thursday - Application Verified by CKGS
Thursday - Application Under Process by CGKS
Thursday - Application In Transit to Consulate
Friday - Application Under Process by Consulate
Monday - Application Reviewed by Consulate
Monday - Passport Received by CGKS
Tuesday - Passport Received by FedEx
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by ft543
Looks like it's used to track the status of the visa application. Should be fine to remove.
Yeah, forgot to report back. Removed it before the trip. No issues.
ft543 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:01 pm

Fix

Originally Posted by Murryy79
tried blue ribbon man times, says this "Application is already recieved. Please check the status of your application from My Account."

This junk is not working for so many people for so many years.
I couldn't figure it out for a long time either.

Here's the fix if someone else is stuck. Or here from google

Enter your web reference in the input text box located at the bottom of the page.

[PIC]imgur.com/uwdNqRq
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Do they treat natural born US citizens differently from naturalized ones?

For example if a citizen from a Nordic country gets their first US passport and having never made any trip to India on their previous passport, will this impact if they issue the 10 year visa or not?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.